I need a durable, lightweight, car seat compatible stroller

Keeanh

Am I asking too much?:confused:

I have 6 children with #7 on the way. My strollers are beyond pathetic.

I'm hoping to get some new strollers, hopefully only 2 -- a single & a double. Right now, I'm focusing on the single. I'd like it to be able to take a Graco car seat. I'd also like it to be light (17 lbs or less I think), have a compact fold (like around 60-65" L+W+H), and be able to stand up to soccer fields, gravel parking lots, and snowy parking lots at the hockey arena.

I realize everything is a trade-off. I can't have an all-terrain that will conquer a muddy field or slushy sidewalk and still have it fit beside a hockey bag in a hatchback. I'm just trying to find a happy medium.

So... looking for opinions. Doesn't help that we're in a small town and will have to order online rather than try-before-I-buy. Here's what I've considered so far:

- Combi Cosmo/Flare
- Zooper Bolero
- Gugu 101 (Like a Zapp with a recline & Graco compatible)
- BJCM
- Peg Perego Aria OH

Any words of wisdom? Any other suggestions?

BTW, when I say it can take an infant seat, I mean, can you fit one on. It doesn't have to be technically "compatible".

Thanks!!
Lesley (in Canada)

ADS

Athena

The Peg and Combis are best for malls and paved paths. When you get something that small and lightweight, there is a trade off.

The Combis are fairly small so your car seat may not fit in it at all. The Arias claim to have a universal strap that works with most car seats (you may have to call them to get the strap, but in the US they send it for free). However, IMO, it does not hold that securely. OTOH, it is probably much better than a stroller that is not intended to be used with a car seat.

From what I've read here, the BJCM might be a good option for you (with the car seat accessory). They are not all terrain, but might be better on grass than some.

I am not familiar with the other two strollers you listed. I don't have other suggestions. I wish there were better options out there in the compact, lightweight category.

Keeanh

Thanks Athena!

I'm leaning towards the Citi Mini too... I wanted to like the Gugu (here's it's Aussie twin: http://www.childcareproducts.com.au/product.aspx?product=63&brand=2&cate=22 ) or the Zooper Bolero because they're on mega-clearance on a Canadian site, LOL.

But I think I need 8" wheels. And I like the option of a buggy board later on.

Has anyone here put a carseat behind the belly bar of a BJCM? Short reason: for my purposes the adapter seems like a waste of money.

Long explanation: I never mall-shop with a baby in an infant seat. If I'm shopping, it's for 8 people and there's a shopping cart involved. The only time I drop the seat on the stroller is to go from the car to the hockey/lacrosse/whatever dressing room or bleachers, then I take the seat off the stroller. BUT it's very important that I be able to do that rather than mess around with the baby at the car in -30 weather and have him/her awake & crying while I'm trying to get my boys into their gear!

Lesley (in Canada)

MoreLatte

I'd recommend the Baby Jogger City Classic or Elite over the Mini, it is more all-terrain. It really doesn't fold up much bigger than the mini, the rear wheels are removeable.

My Classic glides over soccer fields:thumbsup:

ProudMommysince09

My friend has a Graco Ipo, it seems sturdy and comfortable. Its also able to hold the Graco carseat, I think you can make it a travel system yourself, by purchasing matching seat and stroller pattern. I think its like $120 price range.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC