Good Housekeeping article, tech help please

scariestone

In the May '10 issue of GH on page 35 at the top is a picture of two little girls in a car that about gave me a heart attack. If it were only that they look too young to be in boosters(they do) I would have been miffed but forgotten it. However, if you look at the seat the girl on the left is in, its a britax convertible, not a booster and she's using it as one! I realize they weren't in a moving car while taking the picture but that sends a horrible message to parents. Especially when its being used to head an article about safety. I will most likely write a letter but I was wondering if I could coax a tech or 2 to do so as well. I think letters from people that are certified would hold a lot more clout than one from someone like me who is just an ordinary parent. Thanks.

BTW, I wasn't sure which category to put this in so if this is the wrong one, sorry!

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'd post this in Carseat Chat and flag this post for removal. Or maybe just flag it and ask that it be moved? IMO, that's apalling, and deserves some letters. I don't think the thread is likely to be seen here, since it's not an active discussion area.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think my new GH arrived but I haven't read it yet. I'll look for the offending pic and send a letter!

I did that last month with the April issue of Family Fun. RV article, pic of dad driving with his seatbelt on, young teen unbelted leaning over his shoulder holding a map. :rolleyes: I nicely explained that there is NO family fun in funeral homes, ICUs, extended care facilities or years of physical therapy. And I got a great reply from them, so hopefully they will more carefully choose the accompanying pic in the future.

scariestone

Thanks, I appreciate that. And yeah, besides the fact that the one is improperly using a carseat, they're both leaning into the center of the car, not sitting properly. I mean isn't that what they have editors for, to catch that stuff?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC