Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Ok last time I post about this, I swear.

I have to buy a damn seat to replace the crashed one so I can take the receipt when I pick up my car Monday and be reimbursed.

They're basing the SS1 price off of the average Snugride 32/35 price, which is $149.99. So I've got about $150.

I want a convertible. And one that fits n00bs.

I want to use it in my car now for my friends 4 month old I watch (yes he would fit fine in the Radian I have for Ava but if I have to adjust the harness straps on that damn splitter plate every week I will slit my wrists).

My mom is going to want a convertible for her car to use for the Shrimp. Surelatch doesn't work in her car...in fact, LATCH in general is a joke in her car so it will be a seatbelt install. I think I've narrowed it down to the TrueFit providing it fits well.

So. I can either get a Coccoro and use it for the kiddo I watch and for Shrimp after he outgrows his KF22.

Or I can get a TF and then give it to my mom later. Only thing with that is I kind of wanted the Premier since it has the rebound bar and it's way out of the price range I have. So I'd have to get the regular TF.

So....CCO because, hey, they're fun and it'll get used and we can just buy the TFP for my mom at a later date (we've got a long time to worry about it). And I can get orange! Or regular TF because hey, insurance is paying for it so might as well kill two birds with one stone.
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-
    Lady to the Mister, mama to my little Shrimptastic birthday present, Liam (7/29/10), and my v2.0, Declan (9/14/13). Rockin' a Nextfit, BeLogic, and Aton2.

http://ashortstorymadelong.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: Ok last time I post about this, I swear.

I'd get the My Ride. It has a much easier seatbelt install than the True Fit and is essentially idiot-proof.

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Why not go pick up a snugride 35, photocopy the receipt for insurance, get reimbursed, and then return the snugride and get a seat you want. This way, you can take your time figuring everything out instead of rushing to choose a new seat.

CCO 4/15

I'd get the cco because they're so cute and fun And there may just be a good deal on a tfp that you can get at a later date, maybe even in swap. The MR is a good option too and will last a long time if you're looking for longevity.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

Senior Community Member

I'd get the CCO because they are cute, fun and I love mine.

However the practical thing would be to get the Myride or TF, whichever you liked better.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    Why not go pick up a snugride 35, photocopy the receipt for insurance, get reimbursed, and then return the snugride and get a seat you want. This way, you can take your time figuring everything out instead of rushing to choose a new seat.
    Um wow. You are very smart. This is a good idea! Thank you!!! I don't like being rushed. Then that gives me time to go play with a TF in my and my moms car. Same with he MR. And I could still order a CCO if I choose to.
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-
    Lady to the Mister, mama to my little Shrimptastic birthday present, Liam (7/29/10), and my v2.0, Declan (9/14/13). Rockin' a Nextfit, BeLogic, and Aton2.

Insurance may not take a photocopy. You can get a gift receipt to do the return and then still have your original copy for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by tjham View Post
    Insurance may not take a photocopy. You can get a gift receipt to do the return and then still have your original copy for insurance.
    Oooooo, good call. Thanks!
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-

You know you want a CCO.

Senior Community Member InternationalMama's Avatar

I'd wait on getting a CCO because there are strong rumors that the 2010 version could be able to tether rear facing. Plus it will have the lower starting rear facing weight limit (3 lbs). And whatever changes there are won't be retroactive. (I'm not so patiently waiting to get a CCO myself. )
    International Mama
    Mom to Two - ERFing in a Graco My Ride 65 , Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.

I couldn't decide between the TFP and the CCO either. So I got both. But, we do need a seat in each car anyway.

I wouldn't want the regular TF for a noob. The burried adjuster strap would drive me nuts.

I have no doubt that you will get a CCO.
    Roxie -- CPST and mommy to:
    DD1 - 11, DD2 - 9, DS - 5

I wouldn't get the regular TF because like Natalie said, the buried adjuster strap *will* drive you nuts. I'm planning on getting rid of mine, partly for that reason.

Looks like you'll have time to decide if you go the route that's been mentioned.

Oh, don't forget the rumors of a new Britax convertible.
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85

Quote Originally Posted by hsjwmom View Post
    Oh, don't forget the rumors of a new Britax convertible.
    Oh yes, and I'm seriously going to have to find a job before all these supposed new seats come out!

I'm still thinking about the new Momentum for my mom too. We shall see what the future holds! It's fun to think of all the possibilities to outfit 3 cars.

Now I'm just glad I can take my time with this one.

Oh and thanks both of you for the heads up on the adjuster strap. I've never even touched a TF so I would have had no idea.
    -Alicia, CPST, RN!-

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Order online, print your own receipt and cancel the order. That way you don't have to go return a seat.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMama View Post
    I'd wait on getting a CCO because there are strong rumors that the 2010 version could be able to tether rear facing. Plus it will have the lower starting rear facing weight limit (3 lbs). And whatever changes there are won't be retroactive. (I'm not so patiently waiting to get a CCO myself. )
    They told us at Lifesavers that it will have a rf tether (not retroactive).

18. Thank You from:

I don't believe the TF adjuster is a worry at the 45° angle for a newborn.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    I don't believe the TF adjuster is a worry at the 45° angle for a newborn.
    True. I didn't buy our TF until dd was well over a year old and didn't need a 45° angle anymore. Still, if she plans on using it past the newborn stage, it is something to take into consideration. Though, with the way we all love to buy/sell/trade seats, it may not be an issue after all. Alicia will probably end up wanting to sell it to fund something new or cool.
    Abbysnail ~ 11 ~ Maui FR85 (booster mode) and Leopard Olli
    Chica ~ 9.5 ~ Pink Monterey and Julius Olli
    Loveybug ~ 3.5 ~ rfing in a Cranberry TFP and ffing in a FR85