GN in booster mode *pics*

firemomof3

So, the Oobr is gone :( And now I just have to figure out what to get next...Cybex maybe :scratcheshead:
In the meantime I put dd1 in the GN in booster mode and she loves it. The lap belt fits very low across her pelvis & is touching her thighs but the belt is not resting on her thighs like in the TB. I do have it tethered I just wish it could be latched too.
spring2010031.jpg

spring2010032.jpg

ADS

Laurette

I thought it could be latched??? I know it went back and forth, I guess I missed the final decision.

Pixels

The most recent version of advice from Graco is that you can LATCH the seat in booster mode, regardless of what your manual says.

Don't take it from me, if your manual says not to LATCH in booster mode then please call Graco yourself to verify. I'm just a stranger on the internet, and who knows, they might have changed their tune again.

Kat_Momof3

the belt fit is good, but not ideal... I much prefer the belt fit (especially on slim children, who are the ones more likely to be at risk for submarining) on the vivo, turbo, and oobr on her (for those who missed it, the OP has posted pics of her beautiful daughter in these other seats in other threads)

I don't think I saw why you got rid of the oobr (come on... tell the nosy nosy Kat here... lol), but I think I'd get another Vivo or see if you can wait till we find out when the NEW recaro booster (US version of the Monza) is coming out and whether or not it will have latch.

I'm tempted to try to call Gayle on Monday, but I know lifesavers is starting and I probably won't get through.... at least not for any answers that the techs at lifesavers wouldn't be able to get.

firemomof3

I sold the Oobr because my dd1's legs were falling asleep a lot while riding in it. And because I was getting bored :rolleyes:
I'd love the new Recaro booster but they are just so slow over there to get new seats out. I really like that I can latch & tether the GN (hurray :p) and I like the lap belt fit on her, its definitely below her illiac crests and I *think* its a good fit. But if the consensus is that the fit is not good enough then I will do something else.

Maedze

If you can feel her hips well above the top of the lap belt, it's touching her thighs, and not primarily resting on her soft abdomen, the fit is good.

It looks ok to me, perhaps not as dramatic as in other boosters, but certainly safe.

firemomof3

If you can feel her hips well above the top of the lap belt, it's touching her thighs, and not primarily resting on her soft abdomen, the fit is good.

It looks ok to me, perhaps not as dramatic as in other boosters, but certainly safe.

That describes the fit exactly. I'll double check though just to be sure :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

surprised (yet not, because I know she's a leggy one) that her legs were falling asleep, but I get the boredom.

I'm doing my best best BEST to hold out for that new Recaro booster as I know it would be a best pick for Ruthie... but it's hard... honestly, if I had the cash, I'd be in oobrville/oobrland

SIGH.... can't I win the lottery... without even having a ticket, of course... please?

As it is, I'm so bored and just tired of the FPSV booster (not of the vivo... I love that sweet ride of a seat) that I'm sometimes tempted to just pull it out and get another vivo... I'm spoiled now... seats that break apart easily tire my patience and seats with no fun color that also don't have any real purpose (Jeffrey's harmony booster in his dad's car has a purpose... that sucker is narrow and is THE best fit of any backless in that car... and for the price... I'll suck up any boredom) just bore the heck out of me.

SIGH... Recaro... please... I need that new booster and I need it in some amazing color (not necessarily pink... though it would be nice).

Heck, I think Ruthie is getting some seat boredom... she keeps asking to try out Jeffrey's combi dakota... she never cared about his Monterey... I tested her out in it and she's just such a skinny thing that I don't know if she'll ever fill out enough to use it... probably by the time she needs it, though.... at least testing her in it zipped the lip on the issue... she agrees she's too small.

Chex

So tell me about the new Recaro booster. Is it supposed to be taller than the Vivo? I need a tall booster. Considering the new PkwySG, but wondering if there's anything else as tall?

Kat_Momof3

I agree with what you're doing... I'm really not comfortable with any gap... before or after the child sits in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC