Looks like the BJ series strollers are out of our range! What else?

Im bummed out! I cant seem to find any sort of deal on a BJCM or BJCE stroller for the life of me!! :hitselfonhead: Even its so hard to find them on craigslist or on here.

Dh doesnt want me to spend over 200.00 on a stroller he said its just too much for us to afford right now. I understand, things are tough out there and we are planning a 10 day vacation in June as well so spending 229.00 on a stroller is kind of steep but I want Evan to be as comfy as can be, KWIM.

Anyhow what "other" stroller out there would serve my needs and Evan would be comfy in. Price friendly please...

In case you dont remember me here is a re-cap, a link to my original thread about strollers.

Oh and if ANYONE knows of ANYONE selling a BJ series stroller OH PRETTY PLEASE let me know!! :)

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=115885&highlight=pulling+hair

ADS

ks1978

I had the Cortina, the Quattro, a Jeep Jogger (which I still have) and ended up with a City Mini. My daughter was a month shy of 2 when we got it and it is my FAVORITE stroller. It folds up great, my daughter is comfy and you cannot beat the shade. I just got a BRU coupon for 20% that I will not be using, if you want, PM me and I can mail it to you. If you use the coupon, it will bring the price down to $184 and just remember that these have great resale value! Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but I missed your original thread and since we have had the same strollers, I thought I'd give you my opinion on the BJCM.

SarahRose

I hate to say it but the Babies R Us coupons specifically say they can't be used on Baby Jogger items. Believe Me I would LOVE to use it for one too!

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Am I recalling correctly that you can buy something on Bed Bath and Beyond (online) and then take the receipt into the store and have them apply the coupon? Or was is that you can buy at Buy Buy Baby and they'll accept the coupon? Or both?

Bedbathandbeyond.com has the BJCM for $229.99. With shipping it comes to right at $250. So if you can get 20% off, you're back to $200.

Diapers.com has them also...don't they have coupons sometimes? They're $229 there also. Free shipping. (I just checked, I do see a 10% code for first time customers, that's $22.90 off, still free shipping, so only $7 over budget.)

I'm not sure what the difference is between a Mini and a Micro but this Micro return is $129.

http://www.stroller.com/baby-jogger-city-micro-single-stroller-black-returned.html

And next time...jump on the deal when you see it mama! I can't believe you didn't get one when you had the chance at $170!!! LOL

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Duh, I just re-read and methinks your budget is NOT $200? You want something else much less expensive? If that's right, and you're willing to be flexible with your wish list...get a Maclaren Volo. You can get a brand new one for $70-100. Very comfy for older kids. No snack tray, but a 2yo can hold his own cup. I use the SK Buddy thing (I forget the name) for my drink holder and keys etc...LOVE it. The basket is fine, I have no issues with it. It's super easy to steer even with my 4.5 yo in it. Sunshade is sufficient. Oh, and my dh is over 6ft and it's comfy for him to push too, no stooping.

Good luck!

AmandaR

For Bed Bath and Beyond....

Take the coupon to the store and ask them to order it for you.

Complain about shipping...they will waive it. :)

I was a front end supervisor there forever and have doen 10000000 "beyond" orders.

msg221

Am I recalling correctly that you can buy something on Bed Bath and Beyond (online) and then take the receipt into the store and have them apply the coupon? Or was is that you can buy at Buy Buy Baby and they'll accept the coupon? Or both?

I looked at my BBB coupon and it specifically says it cannot be used on BJ items as well as an entire list of other brands! I'm having the same problem trying to find a deal on an Ergo. Coupons can't be used on Ergos either.

poohbear

Livingincomfort.com has a coupon through 4/18 at midnight I believe that is good for 15% off baby joggers. Code is WOW. You could get diapers.com to match, use bing shopping and get an additional 10% back. - That would bring it down to: $229-34=195. Then 19.50 back from bing brings you to $175. Not super cheap, but still less than I've seen them used on CL! That may not help you if it's still too expensive though...

Plus, if you've never ordered before, you could get the first time 10% off discount (it says BJ is an excluded brand, but if you call, usually they'll give you the 10% off).
There's also the parenting magazine rebate - when I got it it was $14.97 but I think I read somewhere that now it's $10?

Also, if you're looking for other good deals, check out BRUS clearance. If you're not in a hurry, wait until they do their red dot clearance - I don't know how often they do them (someone here may be able to answer) but then they do an additional 30% off clearance prices. You can use a 20% off coupon on top of that! I got a mac half off that way....

poohbear

I looked at my BBB coupon and it specifically says it cannot be used on BJ items as well as an entire list of other brands! I'm having the same problem trying to find a deal on an Ergo. Coupons can't be used on Ergos either.

I used a 20% off coupon at buy buy baby on an ergo a few weeks ago! I guess that's one of those YMMVs! If you have one nearby and want an ergo, you should still try it! Or even try at bed bath and beyond. I think I paid about $80. HTH!

Mylilboyblue

Baby Jogger is excluded and Bed Bath and Beyond will not coupon adjust a Buy Buy Baby receipt for you and vise versa. You have to go to the store you bought it at or the store of the website.

I work for Buy Buy Baby and if you did get a discount on an Ergo using a Bed Bath or Buy Buy Baby coupon someone made a mistake.

Bummer, but true. Baby Jogger will NOT let us give the customers a discount.

I am customer service and I have been yelled at by many a nasty customer because we can't give the 20% off the Baby Jogger, Bugaboo, Uppa Baby etc.

Just the way it goes I guess. :(

Mylilboyblue

Oh, I didn't realize that. Well, I still dropped another $150 on that trip and $75 two days later. I love that store!

Don't worry about it! If they missed it, it isn't your fault! :D Glad you love the store. I really like working there despite how hard it is and how busy we are sometimes!

poohbear

Don't worry about it! If they missed it, it isn't your fault! :D Glad you love the store. I really like working there despite how hard it is and how busy we are sometimes!

I wonder if it's because I was buying a lot of stuff and used a bunch of coupons and that was one of my highest price items. Anyway, I love how the store is set up and it's so bright and clean. And the stroller and car seat section is AMAZING! It's a great store, I just wish there were more of them, mine isn't too close to me...

Wineaux

Schnoop has been having deals on Silver Cross strollers for a while now. The had the one that looks a whole lot like the Volo just a couple of days ago. Sign up for their email newsletters and you'll know when they have their next stroller deal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC