help for getting lacth belt tight

santasgirl

i have the truefits and i cant ever seem to get that lacth belt to get in tight
i can get it all threded and in car no problem but when it cmes to getting it tight i cant ive tryed everything
is there carseats that are still safe but easer to tightin as i am so tired of asking my husband as i have to take the seat in and out when we have people in backseat

ADS

Raegansmom4

I've had trouble sometimes w/ the LATCH belt because it sometimes wants to twist a half turn, which "locks" the the LATCH belt. I've actually used my stomach to put the weight on the seat, used one hand to hold the LATCH belt "straight" and then tighten with my other hand.

Melanie

I've had trouble sometimes w/ the LATCH belt because it sometimes wants to twist a half turn, which "locks" the the LATCH belt. I've actually used my stomach to put the weight on the seat, used one hand to hold the LATCH belt "straight" and then tighten with my other hand.

I've had this same problem with our Radian. If the vehicle seat reclines (like in a van or SUV) you can recline the vehicle seat, pull the slack out of the latch, then put the vehicle seat back upright again.

canadiangie

push your front seat all the way forward

remove headrest from TF even if you normally use it

climb in behind the TF so your bum is in the air and you are bent over the TF

either completely lift cover or lift the little cover flaps to access the tail end of the LATCH strap

use your tummy to push down on the top of the TF

pull tail end of LATCH strap up towards ceiling while you lean down onto the TF

close lockoffs

check for movement (verify less than 1" of side to side movement at belt path only)

replace cover if applicable

climb out

re attach headrest

push front seat back

HTH's

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC