Vent leaving notes on cars....

amelia222

So yesterday I came out of the grocery store and the car beside me had a digusting super old seat in it. I'm pretty sure I remember pics of me in a similar seat in the early '90s! 3-point harness, bar that comes down in front...you get the picture.

I just couldn't leave without doing something so I left a not on their window saying something along the lines of "your carseat appears to be expired, it is unsafe to use an expired carseat. Please go to a carseat check if you need help picking installing or choosing an appropriate seat for your child (dates and contact #)"

If dd hadn't been fussy I would've waited for them to come out and talked to them in person. I can't wait until I am a CPST and people might actally listen to me!!! (26 days :D )

ADS

steph_s

I have tried to stop looking into strangers cars because of this!

On the opposite side I got a note on my windshield once stating that my seats were not adjusted correctly and to please call this woman. I called her to figure out what on earth she was talking about. Yeah she was on the fire department, was certified and was concerned about the straps on my ma being too tall. I just sort of went with it and met with her. She started by saying that the straps were too high for a child in that seat and that it must be either turned ff or the straps need to be lower. Well my friend showed up with my then only 16m old child and she was horrified. I mean his legs were touching the back, he only had 2in of room above his head (this was an old ma where you were allowed to use it to the top of the seat) and he needed to be ff and how I was endangering him by keeping him rf. I gave her an erf pamphlet and went to leave. This wretched woman threatened to call the police on me for endangering my child!!

amelia222

Oh no I'm sorry that happened to you! I told off a public health nurse once for telling a woman her 20lb 12 month old *had* to be ff because she had turned 1yo!!!! Then I told the mama to go do some research on ERF (this site, joelsjourney) before she turned her.

Some so-called authorities are just not willing to listen to reason :(

idale

Some so-called authorities are just not willing to listen to reason :(
Unfortunately "authority" sorts of positions do attract some of the people who think very highly of themselves and are out for more of a power trip than actually doing a service to the community. :( I've had a run-in with a nurse, too. I've met lots of very nice, helpful nurses, but this one thought she knew everything, and the instance (very very lost dog, presumably a dumped pet, taking shelter in the daycare parking lot from the very busy street outside where it was nearly run over) culminated in her chasing after a defenseless dog with a broom. Not the sort of person I'd like dispensing any sort of advice or "care". :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC