MyRide Harness slipping

autumnlily

I'm going to call Graco - but was curious if anyone has experienced their harness slipping.

Basically, my DH went to tighten the harness and pulled on the straps to check for tightness and it completely loosened. I told him to make sure the harness adjuster metal piece was pushed down and he tried again - this time the harness did not loosen.

In my mind - problem solved. Make sure lever is down. However, it happened to me this morning and when I went to feel the lever, it really felt like it was completely down. But, after pushing on it (and not feeling it move) the harness did catch when I checked again and no longer loosened.

Any other ideas as to what is causing this? Other comments.

ADS

autumnlily

I'm trying to replicate the issue with the seat uninstalled and in my house and I cannot. It is working fine in the house.

Still, I'm going to call.

NannyMom

I think I've heard of the fabric getting stuck in the adjuster. Perhaps keeping the metal piece from fully closing.

AtTheSouthDam

I think I've heard of the fabric getting stuck in the adjuster. Perhaps keeping the metal piece from fully closing.

Yep, that is what happened to mine and why I could not replicate inside the house. Make sure actually lift that square of fabric and not simply push past it.

autumnlily

So, I called.

As mentioned (thank you ladies) I now think it's the fabric/padding below the harness adjuster. I played with it a little more and I can see how, in my Sienna, the fabric could bunch just enough to be too close to the underneath of the adjuster clasp.

I almost want to cut the hole length wise and remove that portion of the cover - but I won't.

The Graco rep insisted on sending a new cover. Now, I just have to figure how to get the cover off (and back on :eek:)... it is nicely secured on the bottom!

autumnlily

Yep, that is what happened to mine and why I could not replicate inside the house. Make sure actually lift that square of fabric and not simply push past it.

I definitely lift the square (need to make sure DH and parents do so too, than you)... I think it's the fabric below the adjuster that may be getting pushed up under the adjuster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC