Got our Frontier 85!!!

BrendansMommy

Got our Frontier 85!!!--pics and measurements added

Yay!!!

It's a Red Rock cover. I took it out of the box to mess around with it some, but haven't really gotten to play with it. It seems super cushy. I'm curious to see if the Bman will actually be able to reach the cupholders when he's buckled in.

I just had to share. Y'all are the only people I know who will appreciate the excitement. :D

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy0608

Yep, my DD doesn't have any trouble reaching the cupholder either. She LOVES having them within reach. Hope your little guy likes the seat too. :love:

MomToEliEm

We don't yet have measurements/data entered for this seat in the carseat measurements/data spreadsheet. If you think you have time, would you gather some measurements on the new frontier 85 and submit it to the spreadsheets. Here is a post talking about what data we are gathering as well as how to submit the data:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=111509

BrendansMommy

Good to know about the cupholders!!!

Katy--I'll try to take the measurements tonight. It'll probably be tomorrow before I post them.

I'm curious too. Just eyeballing the ones I saw at BRUS, it looks about an inch or two narrower than the old one, and shorter too (before you raise the headrest thing).

BrendansMommy

OK, I took some pictures. This is what I got (poor quality--taken with my phone). Let me know if there are any other specific shots you want. The tape measure is in many of them, but only take it as a ballpark--it was hard to photgraph with the precise measurements. I'll post those in a few minutes.

Seat:

Crotch strap positions:

Measurement across shoulder area for a bigger kid:

Lowest harness height:

Highest harness height:

Just for a frame of reference, my 46" 5 yo at the highest harness height (I would not transport him like this), he's pretending to be dead:rolleyes::

Side of the seat:

BrendansMommy

Car seat Manufacturer - Britax
Car Seat Model Name - Frontier 85
Lowest Harness Height - 12.5"
Highest Harness Height - 19.5"--the slots are slanted--19.5" at the lower (outside) side, 20" at the higher
Shortest Crotch Buckle Position - 5.5"
Middle Crotch Buckle Position - 7.5"
Longest Crotch Buckle Position - 9.5"
Crotch Buckle Length - crap, didn't get this one
Internal Seating Depth - 14"
Internal Seating Height - 24"
Internal Bottom Seat Width - 12.5' in the bootie area, 11.5" by the cupholders
Internal Shoulder Seat Width - 15"
External Seat Width - 19"
Seat Weight - ??
Harness Weight Range - 25-85 lbs
Booster Weight Range - doesn't actually state one int he manual, though it says it recommends the harness until 85 lbs.
Harness Height Range - 30-57"
Booster Height Range - 42-65"
Harness Age Range - minimum 2 years
Booster Age Range - doesn't actually say
Lock-offs Provided - Option 1: Unsure
Seat Modes - Indicate what modes this seat converts to.
Option 1: Harness/High Back Booster
Lowest Booster Belt Guide Height - couldn't tell if there were limits on this or if you can do it as low/high as the headrest goes
Highest Booster Belt Guide Height - couldn't tell if there were limits on this or if you can do it as low/high as the headrest goes.
Booster LATCH Capable - Option 3: Can Use LATCH
Option 4: Mfg Unclear on LATCH
Expiration Limits - 9 years
Other Information - harness traps seem close together. Bman complained about it being tight on his neck. Shoulder pads are sewn together, not velcro. Move the positioning block to the front or back depending on booster vs. harness mode. Must use tether 65-85 lbs. In booster mode, vehicle buckle cannot over lap on red part.

MomToEliEm

Thanks for the measurements. I entered them into the spreadsheet submission form so that I had the data stored.

On the britax website, I found the booster weight limits are 40-120lbs so I updated that on the form as well.

BrendansMommy

Thanks for the measurements. I entered them into the spreadsheet submission form so that I had the data stored.

On the britax website, I found the booster weight limits are 40-120lbs so I updated that on the form as well.

I remember seeing that on the website. I thought it was odd that it wasn't in the manual.

Kat_Momof3

awesome job! and I don't think any kid will be less than 40lbs when they outgrow that seat... which I think is the reason you don't need to put the weight minimum for booster use in there... the point is to get people to wait until their kid is well past 40lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC