It really wasn't a dream!" THE most EXCELLENT customer service experience EVER!

msg221

I have ordered several times from Diapers.com and have always been happy with their customer service, especially with the price match policy and their return policy.

On Thursday, March 18th, I ordered a Radian XTSL that I thought would be delivered on Friday, March 19th (it said “order by 6 p.m. and have it delivered on Friday, March 19th!”) so I was having it shipped to DH’s work address. Well, as soon as I hit the “place order” button and it gave me my confirmation number, it said delivery would be on Saturday. I then immediately called them back to have the delivery address changed because nobody would be there on Saturday so I decided to have it shipped to my house instead. I was told no problem, we will change the address. Come Saturday, no delivery of my seat and FedEx hadn’t updated anything on the tracking so I had to call them to find out what happened. They blamed Diapers.com for not getting the request in until Friday.

I then call Diapers.com to try to find out what happened. The customer service rep was very helpful in trying to find out what happened, then very apologetic, especially because my seat would not be delivered until Tuesday, March 23, 2010 because FedEx Home does not deliver on Sunday or Monday. I do not want it delivered to my house when nobody is there because I don’t like large packages being left on my front porch where it can be seen from the street. I wasn’t sure what the CSR would be able to do for me at this point, (I wasn’t about to put in another change of address) but I mainly wanted to find out if there was a problem with them getting the change of address out to FedEx even though I called them literally 30 seconds after I placed my order. Now this is the part where I wondered if I dreamed this whole conversation: the CSR told me that she obviously couldn’t get a seat to me any faster so ALL she would be able to do would be credit me for the amount of this order. I remember wondering if I had heard her right, thinking she did not mean they would credit my card back $239.99 for this seat!!! As I sat there speechless, listening to her some more, this is exactly what she meant. She said she would be crediting my MasterCard for the amount of the order and that it should be going through on Monday. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! I expected that maybe they might offer me a $10 or $15 credit for my next purchase or something, but give me the seat for free? No way! She even gave me her name and extension number if anything else came up or if there were any more delivery problems. I thanked her and then asked who I could e-mail to let them know what wonderful customer service she provided so she could be recognized for this.

I was still wondering if this really was going to happen, but just this morning I got online to check my MasterCard account, and sure enough, the charge was reversed!

I have never had customer service like this and I surely will recommend Diapers.com to everyone I know as well as continue to shop with them! With soon to be six kids ages 2 and under, that won’t be hard! (Not my kids, my godchildren and two stepdaughter’s kids!)

ADS

Athena

Wow! I thought it was nice of them to put a $5 credit on my account with them for my next order when my seat was late. But I've never heard of this.

Angela

I actually had something similar happen to me with Amazon.

I ordered my signo from them. When I received it I realized that the manufacture date was part of a recall. Looked closer at the seat and it didn't have the recalled part (YAY!). So, out of curiosity, I emailed Amazon to find out what their policy on recalled items was. The rep said that since they get so many items from different manufacturers it's hard for them to keep up with it all. Then, even though I said the recalled part was not on my seat, she refunded me the full amount I paid! I wasn't expecting anything from this, I just wanted to know their policy. So I was pleasantly surprised!
That's awesome about Diapers.com. I'll have to keep them in mind in the future!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Wow, that's amazing.
Diapers.com seems to offer such incredible deals, I hope they can afford to stay in business :D
:yeahthat: I hear of so many stack a billion coupons on top of a price match and get free shipping and free returning shipping from diapers.com and now full refunds for a shipping delay, I just can't see how they're going to make it.

msg221

I don't think they are allowing coupons to be stacked anymore because when I tried with the seat I ordered it wouldn't take it with the price match.

Trust me, I was shocked beyond belief when I was told they were going to credit my account for the full amount. I didn't even ask for anything, I just wanted to know what happened with the change of address they put in with FedEx. And if anything, if they did offer me something, I figured it would be a small credit toward my next purchase, like $10-$20. But I'm not complaining! If this is their way of trying to keep customers, it worked for me! I will continue to shop with them because they are so customer friendly from the price match to their return policy!

Cryssy Jane

Wow that's impressive.

I've ordered quite a bit off of diapers.com and typically get things really fast. My BJCM however was ordered on a tuesday, was suppose to be delivered thursday. Two weeks later I still didn't have my stroller. I called customer service friday after no delivery, they said it was UPS's fault and there was nothing they could do. Called UPS the same day based on tracking number and they said they still had just received the shipping information, but that the package hadn't been picked up. I was not happy after getting things so quickly before. Called diapers back, and got told just to wait it out... glad you had better luck with that one!

poohbear

Wow that's impressive.

I've ordered quite a bit off of diapers.com and typically get things really fast. My BJCM however was ordered on a tuesday, was suppose to be delivered thursday. Two weeks later I still didn't have my stroller. I called customer service friday after no delivery, they said it was UPS's fault and there was nothing they could do. Called UPS the same day based on tracking number and they said they still had just received the shipping information, but that the package hadn't been picked up. I was not happy after getting things so quickly before. Called diapers back, and got told just to wait it out... glad you had better luck with that one!

Ugh! You probably should have asked for a supervisor at that point - that's a totally unacceptable response from an employee of a company that offers super fast shipping as part of their motto. They probably would have credited you some $$. My sis-in-law had a diapers order delayed and she called because it was a holiday and couldn't go out and buy diapers at that point. The first person said basically "sorry, that's the way the chips fall - not our fault" - uh no. She asked for a supervisor who was very apologetic and credited her acct some $$.

Last edited:

glowworm

I've been lurking on these boards for a while and I appreciate everyone's input. I haven't had any experience to share until now.
I hate to say it, but it sounds like someone made a mistake...
Like what she was saying was all she could do was credit your card...and cancel the order or she just made a mistake by doing it. I think you got really lucky, but I wouldn't count on anything like that happening again. I've worked in retail a long time and in all of the places I've worked, never would we give anyone something for free (especially not just a CS agent, unless I missed something and that was a manager or higher up who helped you). We give a discount off that purchase or even a small gift card for your inconvenience, but never just, here have your money back AND take the merchandise. (And that's a big ticket item - generally markup in retail is about 200%, which means they lost $100+). I don't work for Diapers.com, but I can't imagine that's something they're told to do over a few day shipping delay and the hassle you went through.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that you got a great deal and I'm in no way trying to diminish what you said about great customer service or imply that you did anything you shouldn't have; you did everything correctly as a customer, but I'm guessing it's not policy to do that and I hate to see other people who also had shipping issues get upset for not getting the same 'benefit' (or it sounds like, any consideration at all), but for those people I agree with a PP who said if you don't like the response, "sorry, that's the way it works" should ask to speak with a manager...

njmommy

I've been lurking on these boards for a while and I appreciate everyone's input. I haven't had any experience to share until now.
I hate to say it, but it sounds like someone made a mistake...
Like what she was saying was all she could do was credit your card...and cancel the order or she just made a mistake by doing it. I think you got really lucky, but I wouldn't count on anything like that happening again. I've worked in retail a long time and in all of the places I've worked, never would we give anyone something for free (especially not just a CS agent, unless I missed something and that was a manager or higher up who helped you). We give a discount off that purchase or even a small gift card for your inconvenience, but never just, here have your money back AND take the merchandise. (And that's a big ticket item - generally markup in retail is about 200%, which means they lost $100+). I don't work for Diapers.com, but I can't imagine that's something they're told to do over a few day shipping delay and the hassle you went through.

Im thinking the same thing. I also have to wonder how long they will stay in business by making mistakes like this. Im thinking someone is going to receive quite a bit of heat for that one.

I love diapers.com & have also experienced wonderful deals & even better customer service, so I really hope they are around a long time.

CS issues are frustrating but I would never expect a free carseat for a minor hassle like that & I highly doubt they are told to give credits like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC