TF Rebound availability

catchthewind

Is there any way to know if the True Fit Rebound will be available anywhere else besides TRU and/or if any other covers will be available here?

ADS

ElaynesMom

Canada will also be getting the True Fit rebound in 'Bionic Splash'. According to Learning Curve it will not be exclusive to any particular store (eg. Zellers), but should be available at a variety of specialty baby stores. I was also told they have no plans to release any other Rebound patterns at this time.

catchthewind

Great, thank you! I was hoping for the cranberry cover but really I'm just glad it's coming to Canada at all. Nice to know it should be in boutiques, as I like to support them. We've only used the Evenflo we're borrowing once and we already can't wait for the TF now.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
IIRC both version of the TF arrived in the warehouse last week and shipped to stores. The anti-rebound one will be in-stock at some stores and special order at other stores - I'm guessing it will depend on whether the Babies R Us is a side-by-side store or not as to whether it will be a regular in-stock item or not.

snowbird25ca

I know echildren is getting Bionic Splash.

I think that's the pattern for TRU/BRU, so I wonder if it's the only one coming in to Canada?

I'm hoping they'll be in stock when I go in to work on Friday. I'm wanting an ARB TF even though ds is ff'ing in the truck. :p (no, I won't buy it, I think dh would kill me, lol)

ElaynesMom

I think that's the pattern for TRU/BRU, so I wonder if it's the only one coming in to Canada?

Babies r Us is getting the 'Retro Geo' pattern for the Rebound and 'Urban Life' for the regular version.

Learning curve said that only 'Retro Geo' and 'Bionic Splash' Rebound patterns will be available in Canada for the time being.

catchthewind

TJ Kids is getting Bionic Splash. I just called and talked to them yesterday. They're also retailing cheaper than BRU has it listed. They told me their distributor tells them late April or early May for release though. Is the distributor just overestimating or is BRU getting it earlier? I'd rather get it from TJ's but if BRU gets it earlier I'll be tempted... I'd like a new one asap, and definitely (hopefully) before our long trip in the beginning of May.

simplychels

They really need a nice girly cover for this seat. I have to buy one, but I really dont want either of those covers. :thumbsdown:

Edit, again...nevermind they linked me to a dang US site but were saying it was Canadian. Got my hopes up for Pink Dot

ElaynesMom

If 'Bionic Splash' is available by thhe beiginning of May I'll probably order it. I really like the looks of 'Retro Geo' but have heard that the when you take the infant insert out the fabric isn't very soft. Otherwise I'll probably get the new 'Rail Stripe' regular true fit at zellers.

snowbird25ca

TJ Kids is getting Bionic Splash. I just called and talked to them yesterday. They're also retailing cheaper than BRU has it listed. They told me their distributor tells them late April or early May for release though. Is the distributor just overestimating or is BRU getting it earlier? I'd rather get it from TJ's but if BRU gets it earlier I'll be tempted... I'd like a new one asap, and definitely (hopefully) before our long trip in the beginning of May.

It's already in transit to stores, so the April 2nd date on the website is pretty accurate. Usually it switches to backordered online when the items are in the warehouse, so I don't know why it hasn't switched yet.

But it's in the warehouse already anyways. It's possible some of the Ontario stores may have it available for sale already. :)

Oh - and I was wrong, it's the retro geo pattern we have, I obviously remembered wrong.

eta: When I say it's already in the warehouse I'm talking about BRU warehouse for those of you who don't know where I work.

catchthewind

It's already in transit to stores, so the April 2nd date on the website is pretty accurate. Usually it switches to backordered online when the items are in the warehouse, so I don't know why it hasn't switched yet.

But it's in the warehouse already anyways. It's possible some of the Ontario stores may have it available for sale already. :)

Oh - and I was wrong, it's the retro geo pattern we have, I obviously remembered wrong.

eta: When I say it's already in the warehouse I'm talking about BRU warehouse for those of you who don't know where I work.

Thank you! That's great to know. I prefer the look of the other cover too (it looks softer to me), but I'll have to go into our TRU and see what I think in person. I'm excited to know it will be out in time for us though!

eta: When you say it depends on if it's a side-by-side store, do you mean if the BRU section is in the TRU rather than having it's own entrance, they would be less likely to carry it?

snowbird25ca

Thank you! That's great to know. I prefer the look of the other cover too (it looks softer to me), but I'll have to go into our TRU and see what I think in person. I'm excited to know it will be out in time for us though!

eta: When you say it depends on if it's a side-by-side store, do you mean if the BRU section is in the TRU rather than having it's own entrance, they would be less likely to carry it?

Yes, the stores that have a separate entrance and separate guest services area for baby side are considered side-by-side stores. They have more floor space and a bigger area for displaying products. Babies R Us which are more set up like a department within the TRU store don't have the same amount of floor space and don't carry the same variety of stock. :thumbsup:

geekKT

Thanks for the info on availability! I'm planning on getting Retro Geo I think, hoping I can maybe get it next week, I just wanted to look at it first.

catchthewind

Yes, the stores that have a separate entrance and separate guest services area for baby side are considered side-by-side stores. They have more floor space and a bigger area for displaying products. Babies R Us which are more set up like a department within the TRU store don't have the same amount of floor space and don't carry the same variety of stock. :thumbsup:

Okay thanks. I didn't even know BRU could be it's own store lol. Will our TRU know whether they'll actually stock it before it comes out? I tried calling Zellers the other day and the lady I talked to pretty much said if it's not on the shelf she can't tell me anything about it, including whether they will be getting it or not. Wondering if TRU will be the same (aside from people in the know like you of course ;) ).

techie

Tell us which BRU you shop at and we will tell you if they carry it or not ;)

My BRU just got both True Fits today. They are both pretty nice, and the rebound bar is pretty slick.

selinajean

Okay thanks. I didn't even know BRU could be it's own store lol. Will our TRU know whether they'll actually stock it before it comes out? I tried calling Zellers the other day and the lady I talked to pretty much said if it's not on the shelf she can't tell me anything about it, including whether they will be getting it or not. Wondering if TRU will be the same (aside from people in the know like you of course ;) ).

I would like to know if Zellers is getting it too. That's the only store that I have locally and I would love for them to have it available ASAP!

techie

Oh well that's too easy lol. I'm in Victoria, BC. I think there's only one TRU here.

If you can wait until tomorrow evening, I can tell you then! I will check the computer at work. Hopefully I remember!

Victoria ... not in my region, so I don't know 100%, but they *might* be a BRU side-by-side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC