Anyone with a new-ish Quest plan on the new FR85?

chasingboys

I *REALLY* want the new Frontier 85 for my 4y/o DS. He's on the top slots of the Regent now, so we do need the harness height, but we'd love something with cupholders (I never thought I'd say it) and the fact that it turns into a good booster is awesome.

My issue is my van, 2009 Quest. The seatbelt stalks in the captains seats are RIDICULOUS! I can't get an acceptable install with the seatbelt on many forward facing carseats because of the seatbelt stalk! I know most of the install tricks but I will be super bummed if I order it and cannot get it installed with the seatbelt! WHY can't it have super Latch like the XTSL?

DS weighs 50lbs, so it has to be seatbelt. Any clarification from Britax about using latch past 48lbs (like they have done with the Regent and Toyota/Nissan?)

ADS

Maedze

To the best of my knowledge, no Britax seat has ever allowed LATCH to be used beyond 48 pounds, in any car :confused:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
It doesn't have taller slots then the Regent, IIRC. So I don't know that you'll gain anything by getting the Frontier 85, other then cupholders and the ability to use it as a booster. And if that's the case, I'd probably get a dedicated booster after the Regent is outgrown. JMHO.

chasingboys

To the best of my knowledge, no Britax seat has ever allowed LATCH to be used beyond 48 pounds, in any car :confused:

I don't remember who posted it. I hope she'll post here. It was for the Regent only.

Anyway, if anyone who has a Quest gets a FR85, please let me know if it was an easy install.

We're in the car more now and I want the cupholders, DS is driving me NUTS. Not to mention, I'd just like to have a new seat, we have a pre-advisory Regent. :whistle: He does have room in the Regent, probably at least year + if his legs continue to grow instead of his torso!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Not to mention, I'd just like to have a new seat, we have a pre-advisory Regent. :whistle:

As the queen of 'new seats', you won't get any argument from me. ;) Heck, if I could get it installed in the 3rd row, I'd be ordering a 2nd one for my peanut who wouldn't 'need' a seat like that for at LEAST 3 more years....:rolleyes:

chasingboys

I found it, it was Murphydog. I don't want to open any old cans of worms by posting it again. I just knew that I was comfortable doing so and it was one of the only reasons I bought a Nissan! lol

laccaycol

If you can install the FR85 with the LBP like on the regent i dont see why it wouldnt install well in the quest. I have an 04 quest and i have the same problem with the seatbelt stalks. I dont have the FR85 but i have a Multi Tech and i have installed it FF to see how well it installs and it installs tight but i can use the LBP way on it and it doesnt budge. I can get pics of the MT installed if you like its almost like the FR85.

I havent read much on the FR85 does it still install with the LBP? if so i dont think you would have a problem at all with it.

The Quest is such a pain for car seats that darn seat belt stalk is not very good for it. I dont get it the front seats stalks are fine its just the captain chairs in the back that have a problem:confused:

chasingboys

From what I read on the carseat blog, you can do LBP with it, so that's good to know! I know I can do LBP on my Regent and besides latch, it's the only way I can install it securely. I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates the Quests seatbelt stalks! Thank you!

Maedze

I found it, it was Murphydog. I don't want to open any old cans of worms by posting it again. I just knew that I was comfortable doing so and it was one of the only reasons I bought a Nissan! lol

Would you mind PMing me the link? I need to see this. LOL.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Yes, you can install the Frontier 85 LBP....for the entire weight limit of it! That was something that was critical for me, as I figured I'd have issues with the SBP in my sub.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC