How much rear facing time left?

dmpmercury

My dd is a peanut. She is 3.5 and and the bottom of the charts. I always see people saying how fast boulevard and marathons are outgrown rear facing. It seems like my dd has some time left. How much does she have over her head and how long do you think it would take to outgrow it? She probably going to have to go foward facing at 4 because of the baby on the way but because she still has some room it almost makes me want to keep her rear facing.

033-3.jpg

034-3.jpg

ADS

Qarin

LOTS of time!

My 3rd percentile DD1 outgrew the Wizard (same size as the Boulevard; 33lb rear-facing limit) at 4y9m, by weight...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
wow, yep ,you really do have a peanut!!!! you have lots of time left, lol. but, as you said, your kid is at the very bottom of the charts.....most kids do outgrow te blvd and marathons significantly earlier, lol!

Maedze

By height, you could probably keep her rearfacing in the BV another three years. ROFL. I love her hair!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
A ton of time! I just posted pics of Ilana not too long ago and we decided she had a good inch at least and she's 3 and way closer to the top than your dd. Then I realized she weighed 33# and I had to move her anyways, lol. You'll easily get to 5 I bet by height.

AtTheSouthDam

She's little like mine! They can be dangerous. There are so very very many convertibles they will fit into. Choosing just one is oh so hard :p

dmpmercury

I thought it looked like she had a long time left. I was only 31 pounds at 5 and she similar in weight just shorter so she might have until 5. It makes me want to keep her that way which would mean getting a coccoro but thats 3 seats I eventually have to buy instead of 2. Hmm decisions decisions.

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

oodles of time! most kids outgrow it by weight before height unless they have a long torso... and with her sizing, I would have not a single issue with putting her ff at 4 or when she hits the weight limit...

oh, by the way... I LOVE her hair... not just the color, beautiful as it is, but the twist braids... I'm still trying to master doing those!

But back on topic... if all your kids tend to follow her growth pattern, I bet they'd last in a coccoro until age 3-4... and it would be a good investment... as well as being a seat that fits newborns well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC