Question Carseat choice and placings in vehicle - Canada

U

Unregistered

Hello.
The time has come for me to start looking into a new seat.
Here are our details to start with...
My almost 8 year (4ft 3, 72lb) old is in a clek backless boaster. No plans on changing her seat.
My almost 3 year old (37", 32lb)is front facing in a britax marithon.
My 6 month old (26", 16-17lb) is in a graco snugride.
We drive a 2005 gmc sierra crew cab pickup truck. *My 8 year old must be at a side because there is no head rest in the middle.*

Anyway, my question is this... should I put my 6 month in the marithon and get my daughter a new seat (possibly the Graco Nautilis -spelling? or the Britax frontier) or should I get the baby a new seat... thinking the Britax Boulevard. I have tried the evenflo that ajusts with dials (can't remember the name.. triumph I think) and was NOT happy with the fit it gave in my vehicle or the quality. I LOVE britax but am also not sure if the budget does right now.
My only concern is will the Marithon still harness my 2 year old when she's 5? I seem to remember when we got it I put my then 5 year old in it to try and she seamed really squished.
So I'm looking for suggestions and ideas from you. What would you choose? Should I also be looking at something else? And how would you place them all in my truck?
Thanks!

ADS

Shanora

Hi and Welcome.

I would move the Marathon down to the baby and buy your almost 3 year old either the Nautilus or Frontier. The reason for this, is that I find that the Marathon is out grown before a child is usually ready for a harness. My 4 year old has 1/2" left in the MA and in the Nautilus he has a whole harness height to grow into.
The new Frontier has a really high top harness height (20") so it should fit her for quite a while if you choose to go with that one.

I would suggest putting the Frontier/Nautilus in the middle and the Britax RFing on the side.....IF this will work.
I hope someone else will chime in with install suggestions as I've never installed car seats in trucks before...so I have no real word advice for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC