Vent I knew the day would come.......

libranbutterfly

My niece, just 2 months older than Lexi, is now in a booster. I told them that the MINIMUM is 4. I told them how much better it is to keep her in a harness until she can sit properly. I even LOANED them my marathon. :( I guess my mistake was leaving the cowmoo cover on the marathon. because now they are using it for her little brother (2 in August). Maybe if I had put the pink flowery cover on it, they would have left her in it longer.

ADS

thepote

Sorry - it's so frustrating. I bought my brother two car seats for his kids... they are both sitting in their garage. The tiny just-turned-7 year old is now in a LBB :thumbsdown:

libranbutterfly

Te worst part is that she is so hyper and off the wall, that I know there is no way she sits still in it. I only found out because I needed to borrow my marathon back last night (just for the night) and saw it.

libranbutterfly

Update: The booster was actually not for my nearly 4 year old niece. She was in fact in the Marathon. My nearly 3 year old niece (BIL's child) was in it :( My MIL said she really didn't like her in it, but that was the only seat BIL had for her.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I know exactly how you feel. I bought my brothers twins 2 sets of carseats. They will be 4 in July, they have Alpha Omegas in my brothers truck and then GN in their mothers vehicle. Their mom and dad think that just tossing the seat in the vehicle is fine and then on top of it, the girls are standing in them when they are driving! I turned the GN's into the hbb, hoping that maybe, just maybe she would buckle them like this....NOPE!!!

I can't preach to them anymore. I don't know what else to say to them to make them understand. What else could be done other than call the cops!

Kat_Momof3

omg! I think the sad thing is that if that's the choice... one girl has to use the booster, I'd have put the older one in the booster who is not yet 4 rather than the one that is not yet 3...

SIGH...

libranbutterfly

omg! I think the sad thing is that if that's the choice... one girl has to use the booster, I'd have put the older one in the booster who is not yet 4 rather than the one that is not yet 3...

SIGH...

My MIL didn't know that was the seat they had for her. She rode down with her dad in his car, and wanted to ride back with granny. Granny already had the one in the seat, so younger one got the booster. Granny did watch and make her sit still, and remembered to lock the belt. (I may or may not of went ahead and explained the next step in car seats, for fear that someone would move someone to a booster early (Sadly, BIL doesn't listen)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC