I have $160 and need a stroller.

njkj

I bought a one of the new designed Contours Options stroller and well I HATE so it is going back. WHy do I hate you ask well:
1) My long torsoed 3 month olds head it at the top of the seat :eek:
2) The recline is weird. The whole seat reclines not just the back so when I lay her back her feet are sticking straight up in the air :thumbsdown:
3) you cant fold it with the seat on :thumbsdown: well you can but then it is HUGE.

So it is going back to target and I need something else. She is worn 80% of the time so even though I LOVE the Idea of her facing me in the stroller it is not a necessity. Plus I can't afford any of those strollers other than the kolcraft which I HATE or the Graco which I don't like either.

Does any one know anything about the Joovy Kooper? It is on sale at Albee for $149 so it is on my list.

Any Ideas???

ADS

munchkin

I've thought about the Micro but I am not fond of the basket or he lack of cup holders.

The lack of cup holders can be fixed with a Sunshine Kids Buddy Bag. But I can understand about the basket. What do you plan on putting in there or how big does it need to be? (I hope that doesn't sound snarky, just looking for extra info :).)

How well does your little one sit up? How much of a recline do you need?

How about a Maclaren or Britax Blink? or the Quinny Zapp?

njkj

SHe Is only 3 moths so cant sit up but has good head control (LOVES her bumbo) so I don't need a flat recline.

For the basket, it need to hold a smallish camrea bag, a luchbox(trips to the zoo) and be easy to get to. One of the main reasons we got the Kolcraft was the basket. That thing is HUGE and very open.

We had a Mac for Ds and DH HATED the basket though we loved the stroller its self.

Ill look at the Blink and the Zapp. We are going to BRU tomorrow to try out the kooper.

SavsMom

I got the Micro because I loved the fold on it, and loved the optional snack tray as well. Before getting the Micro I had looked at the Kooper and really really liked it. I would look at the Kooper before I would look at the Micro just because the Kooper has a better sunshade and better recline for a 3 month old - for my 2 year old its not a big deal - but for a younger one I would definately not go with the Micro.

On a side note - my BRU had the Zapp on sale for $169 - and if you have a coupon you could save even more!

SHe Is only 3 moths so cant sit up but has good head control (LOVES her bumbo) so I don't need a flat recline.

For the basket, it need to hold a smallish camrea bag, a luchbox(trips to the zoo) and be easy to get to. One of the main reasons we got the Kolcraft was the basket. That thing is HUGE and very open.

We had a Mac for Ds and DH HATED the basket though we loved the stroller its self.

Ill look at the Blink and the Zapp. We are going to BRU tomorrow to try out the kooper.

InternationalMama

Quinny Zapp wouldn't have enough of a recline for a 3 month old, IMO. It is very upright with no recline.

We have the Blink and I think it's a great stroller for the price. ($99 at diapers.com when I bought it.)

I know First Year's is coming out with a new budget reversible in the $150 range called the Indigo that might be good, but it's not out yet.

What about the Peg Perego Si for $159. That seems like a great deal at albeebaby.com.

crunchierthanthou

2) The recline is weird. The whole seat reclines not just the back so when I lay her back her feet are sticking straight up in the air :thumbsdown:
3) you cant fold it with the seat on :thumbsdown: well you can but then it is HUGE.

on point 2), there's a second adjuster for the feet area. There are two buttons on the side and the round bar on the bottom can move up and down.

and 3) it folds better with the seat facing out.

I didn't like it either, but if someone else is looking for info they may find that helpful. Although, that's my experience with the first generation. Maybe they made it even worse with the redesign...

kidnurse

I bought a Kooper about a month ago, and like it alot so far. My son is 17 months, so a bit older than your LO. The handles are nice and high, so good for tall parents. I can walk at a good pace without kicking the basket or bar between the back wheels. And although it is not as easy to push one handed as some other strollers, I don't have alot of trouble pushing it one handed when needed. The basket I think is plenty big enough for the items you are wanting it to hold. The only harder part I can see with a younger child is that there is not a "snack tray" or cup holder in front of baby. There are pockets on the inside of the seat for baby to put his cup, which is fine for my bigger guy. Not a deal breaker for me anyway, even if he had been younger when we started using it. Just depends on your preferences I guess.

Anything specific you wanted to know about it that I did not mention?

njkj

on point 2), there's a second adjuster for the feet area. There are two buttons on the side and the round bar on the bottom can move up and down.

He legs are not long enough as she pretty much has stumps for legs LOL they barely come to the end of the butt area so she is pretty much bent at a 90* angle whether she is sitting up or laying down. Does that make since?

Kidnurse:

thanks for the info :) I am gonna take her to BRU and check out the kooper tomorrow.

poohbear

FYI - if you end up liking the Kooper - Babies r us has two sets of coupons - one was emailed out for members and had a coupon for 20% off one baby item - I think it's through Sunday or Monday? The other goes through next week and includes 25% off clearance items. That is available on their website...

ZephyrBlue

A good friend had a Kooper and loved it for the first few months (she is also a stroller snob and very "into" her strollers); then she noticed that the wheels started to bow out- I think that lovinwaves had some feedback about it, too, but can't remember where she posted it. It looks awesome at BRU, but I'd worry about using it as my main stroller for a long period of time if there are going to be issues with the wheels.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC