I am losing sleep...

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
lol... So me and DH have definately decided on getting the DD another Britax. Only problem is which one? I LOVE her MA, but is the BV that much better? Does anyone have any experience using both on a daily basis? We drive a 2000 Dodge Caravan (standard baseline model, think manual windows =]) and I am wondering if the TSIP on the BV would make a huge diffference. Also, if we do get her a spare BV we will probably upgrade her MA to a BV as well. Her anchor straps have begun to fray, and it is within the 90 day return policy, so upgrading isnt a problem since I will be taking to back to BRU anyway. So, I guess my question is, should be double up on MA's or BV's. Please help. I am so perplexed:(

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Play with it & see if you like it -- if you like the MA, then at the very least I'd stick with just one of each :) There's no data to show how much safer "TSIP" might be, but the MA has deep sides with EPS/EPP foam ... it just isn't labled so fancy for buyers ;) The BV head wings were awesome for Leila when she was RF till 4 years old, but a couple times her head did get stuck on the wings while FF: the BV would be ideal for anyone who would seat various kids in the seat (so much easier to adjust the harness height)

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
yes, i do have adjustable head rest on the two back bench seats. and also, it would just be for her, i dont plan on having any other kids in either of them. so there isnt any real crash test proof showing the benfits of tsip?

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
umm no, i am not even really sure what that picture is showing...lol. im sorry. i am just trying to decide between the Britax MA and the BV. It is driving me nuts. My husband says get which ever one is safer, but I have heard about some harnessing issues in the Bv and I guess I am just trying to justify the 40 extra dollars for the BV instead of the MA. Like I said, I am going nuts.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
lol... i think it is...i gues it has an adjustable headrest as well. but i am in the us and i dont think it is compatable.

is that a NZ britax? is doesn't look to be built on the same frame as the north american MA/DC/BV. i like the black base and charcoal cover... why can't the US ones be that nice?? :confused:

Yeah its the Australian seats branded as "Safe-n-Sound" that is the AHR model and the piece by the head moves up and down to the childs height. That is what i thought poster one meant.

If the seat does have the child head rest that moves i would get that but that is my preference.

If you want to see what seats the AU and NZ market use look at www.safensound.com.au that is the company that make the seat i have put in. It retails at NZ$559 [I won my one and love it] This is it in extended mode: http://tinyurl.com/3b9agn & rear facing mode: http://tinyurl.com/2kdgot

I would say the BA but that is cos i like the head support, but i dont know anything about them. - Sorry

bbartlettnfld

I have a MA and use it daily sometimes 2 or 3 times! Anyway over the Xmas holiday I borrowed a BV to use so I didn't have to fly with my MA. I can safely say that I much prefer my MA. I used the BV both RF and FF for my 3 yr old DD. RF it was great but FF I didn't like it at all, the wings tended to push my dd's head forward when she slept so her chin would be down on her chest.
I would stick to the MA but give them both a try and see what you think.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
okay great. thanks so much for all of your help. i want the seat that will last the longest...and that seems to be the MA.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
NZ---

This is the American Boulevard
boulevard_brownstone.gif

It is available in several different fabrics. This is just one of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC