Honda Fit

Ninetales

I don't know if this is the correct spot for this, but here goes. We will be using our infant seat which works in both of our cars. But my husband's car is likely to die by the time we have another child, so I'm looking at the options to see what we need to save up for. He really wants a Honda Fit but I'm leery about whether rear facing seats will fit well back there, and how to get three across at some point.

Anyone have or can point me to information about it? I'd just as soon get my Sienna but he really likes the Fit, and it is substantially less expensive, so I said I'd look into it.

ADS

abigaylebelle

I have a fit! We love it. Ds has always been rf in it, the only issue is that it has advanced airbags so no touching/bracing allowed. I've had 3 across in it too, but it was really tight with the seats I was using. Narrower seats would work though. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how roomy the fit actually is.

ETA Your snugride 35 will fit in any of the backseat spots.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I have a 2010 that I love! I haven't yet put any car seats into it, but I'm doubtful that three across will be an easy proposition unless you use Coccoros or Radians. Rear facing appears to be hit or miss - the back seat isn't terribly deep. If you're short things should fit ok, if you're tall, it'll be tight. I've also heard some complaints about the plastic hinge cover at the 60/40 split making some installations difficult.

I would definitely try some seats out before you commit to one. If your dealers don't have any in stock I'd be happy to get some measurements for you.

Pixels

My brother has a 2008. Three across is possible. Extended rear facing is possible, even with the front seats move most/all the way back and no touching. You'll need to be very selective with your seat choices to make ERFing plus 3-across happen, but it's certainly doable.

Ninetales

We're not doing too much just yet, since we don't know for sure how much longer we can get out of the Mystake, but it would be good to know. Also I don't know what kind of build this baby will have when it needs to move to a convertible so I haven't committed to one yet, though I like the Myride a lot.

It's good to know at least the Snugride should fit anywhere. In my Cavalier if it's outboard you end up eating dashboard.

And argh, we are both fairly tall. I'm 5'8 and he's 6'2, both with pretty long legs. He particularly seems to need more leg room. Three across is kind of a pipe dream, since it's hard in any car, so I can re-evaluate that later.

I just don't want to buy a new car and then later find out that it leaves me with no options for ERFing multiple kids. ;)

Ninetales

So, what convertibles fit properly? Just out of curiousity since I'm sure there will be new ones available by the time I have enough kids to fill the backseat. And for those who have seen three across, do you know what seats were used?

Pixels

Again, I was doing this in a 2008. They have since been redesigned. My understanding is that the back seat is now slightly larger.

Almost anything will fit front to back RFing in the center. Even the Radian fits. Outboard, you do need a smaller front to back convertible (more upright) or infant seat (newborn recline) to have the front seats all the way back.

I'm not sure that the SR35 will fit front to back outboard with the seats back. It may install properly in any position, but that doesn't mean you can actually ride in front of it, you know?

For three-across, I have done BabyTrend infant seat with base, FFing Radian, BabyTrend with base. The center seatbelt is slightly off-center, towards the driver's side. The driver's side infant seat was a tight fit (and the BT puzzled with the RN), but I suspect almost any seat of moderate width would fit on the passenger's side. There were a few inches of room left over.

The BabyTrend seat is the narrowest infant seat on the market. I'm not sure if any other seat would fit on the driver's side. Something else *might* work depending on puzzling.

papaya

I'm not sure that the SR35 will fit front to back outboard with the seats back. It may install properly in any position, but that doesn't mean you can actually ride in front of it, you know?

That's pretty much my experience - I could put it in but it's difficult to fit a person in the front seat! I ended up putting a snugride w/o base in the center seatbelt position. That fits ok but I'm looking forward to getting a convertible instead. Would love a cocorro but of course I know the flip side of nice and small is .... small!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC