Help! How to get 6" off a MA box

emars002

I need to ship a BLVD to CA. Fed ex, UPS and post office range from $66-$107:eek: If i can 6" off the box I can ship for $29.00. There is no way I can get anything off the BLVD box but DH just got down a MA box and i know others have accomplished this and the BLVD has the same shell so hopefully it will work. Any ideas?

OK it is not going to fit in the MA box with the headwings - anyone cut down a BLVD box to 108"?

ADS

munchkin

I only had to get 2 inches off the 'length' of the box to get it under the PO's 108 inch rule. The postal people should measure it as a irregular box so the length of the box (top to bottom) and the girth (around the bottom bigger part). Once I took the top 2 inches off the Marathon *just* fit.

I basically cut 2 inches of the sides and front at the top and bent the top 2 inches at the back of the box, so that it would still fold in and fit into the front of the box. You will need to use a lot of tape to make up for the structural intergrity of the box being cut.

I sent the box to MoreLatte, if she still has it maybe she could take a pic for you. It was about $20 to ship it from St. Louis to middle OH.

ETA: Ok, I just reread your post. I didn't realize the BLVD boxes were bigger around than the MA boxes to make up for the head wings. How many inches is the length and how many is the girth? Do you have room to cut off some of the bottom of the box? I did that the first time I shipped a MA, but found out it wasn't necessary the second and third time.

emars002

I only had to get 2 inches off the 'length' of the box to get it under the PO's 108 inch rule. The postal people should measure it as a irregular box so the length of the box (top to bottom) and the girth (around the bottom bigger part). Once I took the top 2 inches off the Marathon *just* fit.

I basically cut 2 inches of the sides and front at the top and bent the top 2 inches at the back of the box, so that it would still fold in and fit into the front of the box. You will need to use a lot of tape to make up for the structural intergrity of the box being cut.

I sent the box to MoreLatte, if she still has it maybe she could take a pic for you. It was about $20 to ship it from St. Louis to middle OH.

ETA: Ok, I just reread your post. I didn't realize the BLVD boxes were bigger around than the MA boxes to make up for the head wings. How many inches is the length and how many is the girth? Do you have room to cut off some of the bottom of the box? I did that the first time I shipped a MA, but found out it wasn't necessary the second and third time.

The BLVD box is 27" X 25" X 20". the MA box is 32" X 20" X 20" - there is no way to use the MA box b/c it will crush the wings. Maybe I can reconfigure the MA box so there is no L shape:confused:

I just checked and to get the MA box to work, I have to get 2" off the length and 1" off the sides - just takeing 2" off the length still has it at $107. I think I can rework the MA box to be rectangle for the headwings - just have to figure out how to take 2 sides in 1" - i have a whole roll of tape so we are good there

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC