ISO: Inglesina Urbe, Baby Jogger City Series Strollers.

noahsmom24

Due to many financial difficulties I have to find something used and cheaper than what I was going to be paying for the Baby Jogger Elite...
I plan to get a BJ stroller later on but right now I need a stroller and we don't have a lot of money.

I thought about buying the Swift/Trip because I am having a HARD TIME finding an Urbe, not even ebay has ONE. :( I wanted it because it was recommended to me buy someone on here & It has a 20" seat back which would be great! But I can't find anything on the seat back heights for the Swift/Trip.

If Anyone has a BJ stroller that they want to sell for a good price I am of course interested :) But at this point I know that will be few and far between someone getting rid of their BJ strollers, and I don't blame you!

So, if anyone has an Urbe or can recommend a stroller with a HIGH seat back (20"'s) and at a GOOD Price then It would be greatly Appreciated!
At this point Ds just Does NOT fit into his Jeep stroller so I am left strollerless and It is killing me because I love my nightly walks and to have a stroller sitting in the car..I definitely have to find something before it starts warming up because we love to walk the park too! I almost broke and bought a normal Umbrella stroller for $15 but I put ds in it and I was like :eek: His feet hang to the floor/on top the wheels & the seat isn't wide enough & hes talll for it.

Ds is 40lbs, 39.5inches, & just a hair over 15inches for his seated torso length. Just a FYI, for any other Stroller recommendations.
I'm not interested in Macs, and Baby Planet strollers have an 18" seat back as well..

Oh if anyone knows the Inglesina Swift/Trip Seat Back Height then that would be great to know!
Thanks!

ADS

ZephyrBlue

http://www.silvercrossamerica.com/fizz.php

I got to see/play with a Silver Cross Fizz stroller a couple weeks ago- it's an amazing stroller. They may still have them available through shnoop.com (you can look for the contact info at www.shnoop.com- when I emailed them and asked if there was any way to get a Fizz even though I missed the time they were listed, they sent me a Paypal invoice, so I don't think they are sold out- I ran out of fun money and couldn't buy it, LOL, but I would have in a heartbeat) They were $70 shipped!!!

The seatback is 20 or 20.5" (my friend measured it) and it has a little recline. There is a removable seat pad, the seat was at least as wide as a Mac umbrella, maybe wider. There is more clearance between the top of the seatback and the canopy than the Macs, too, IIRC. TONS of headroom.

I am a stroller snob, and would love one of these! $70 is a steal, IMO.

ETA- I've had good luck buying from www.returnsforsale.com It's all from good stores- joggingstroller.com, elitecarseats.com

Some stuff is new, some is slightly damaged (cosmetically), some has more flaws that you can sometimes address w/the manufacturer

noahsmom24

The fizz sounds great, Thank you for the Recommendation! but when I started to look them up The seat back looked no where near 20"s ? Are you sure you're talking about the Fizz?

ETA: NEVERMIND! lol I see them now, just looked up the wrong stroller..I think? lol
Thanks!

noahsmom24

Yeah, I had my friend (whose Fizz I had played with) measure for me. I can double check w/her tomorrow, though!

No its okay, I see now ;) I was looking up the fizz on youtube to see a video of it but another stroller came up and I was watching and like waiit? lol I figured it out though. :)

Thanks! Going to look more into this stroller!
How do you think it would fair on bumpy terrain? Were the wheels plastic, as in that loud annoying plastic? I know I can't expect much for a stroller like this of course. Were their any cons that stuck out to you, besides the lack of canopy?

ETA: Bumpy terrain, as in just a bumpy sidewalk or graveled driveway?

noahsmom24

Would any of you have the Baby Jogger City Micro?
It has a nice tall seat back that Will give ds 26inches "if i remember correctly" to grow and looks like it would make a nice stroller for what I am wanting it for "right now"..My plan is still to buy the BJCE For sure as I love to walk and I know this will be my best bet but I need something now.
Is the Micro "THAT BAD" with some snowy weather, bumpy road?

I had someone on another forum I'm on wanting to sell a Baby Jogger City Classic for $150 +shipping but haven't heard back from her yet. Then another wanting to sell a Mini & then another who's wanting to sell a Micro for $70+shipping. That seems pretty good to me!
We could swing the Classic price, but that's pushing it right now & if the Micro will suffice then why not go for it. I would like to find a stroller that at least does "decent" with bumpy roads/snowy weather" Something I'm not going to 100% regret.

noahsmom24

Just *bumping* to see if anyone knows more about the Micro? :)
If you have one or played with one how did you like it?
She's getting my s shipping qoute by this evening, so Trying to research all I can about this stroller.

SavsMom

I have a Micro and really really like it - for the price. I got this for my daughter to replace her Pliko Lite and her Graco - it seemed to have the best of both worlds.

My daughter is 26 months so I didn't need a full recline on the stroller anymore. The recline isn't bad for an older child - its just enough to allow them to nap comfortably. I find the sun shade to be adequate - of course its not at good as what you find on the Mini or Elite, but it does the job, we just used it at Disney last week and it was perfect at keeping the sun out of her eyes on a very sunny cloud free Florida day. The fold, like any of the BJ strollers, is awesome. I also love that you can get the child tray - it is well worth the extra $20 to get it. I also got a sunshine kids buggy buddy - and it is GREAT - holds keys, 2 drinks, etc etc and for around $8 you can't beat it.

This stroller handles really nicely, turns on a dime and I paid under $130 for mine new - I will say that if I could do it all over again I would have gotten a Mini for my daughter from birth - but I didn't know about them. For an older child, the Micro is a good fit and will save you some $$$ too!

Just *bumping* to see if anyone knows more about the Micro? :)
If you have one or played with one how did you like it?
She's getting my s shipping qoute by this evening, so Trying to research all I can about this stroller.

noahsmom24

Thank you!! :)

Yea I seen the Recline was minimal, but its recline enough for NO head slump so that is all that matters to me.
How did you like the basket? Could you fit a diaper bag or purse in there?
I usually don't carry a diaper bag unless I'm going to be gone all day, mine is Medium Sized though.
Oh great, Glad you mentioned the SK Buggy Buddy! It was going to be $51 for the Child Tray and the BJ Parent Console! :eek: This sounds much better!

I have a Micro and really really like it - for the price. I got this for my daughter to replace her Pliko Lite and her Graco - it seemed to have the best of both worlds.

My daughter is 26 months so I didn't need a full recline on the stroller anymore. The recline isn't bad for an older child - its just enough to allow them to nap comfortably. I find the sun shade to be adequate - of course its not at good as what you find on the Mini or Elite, but it does the job, we just used it at Disney last week and it was perfect at keeping the sun out of her eyes on a very sunny cloud free Florida day. The fold, like any of the BJ strollers, is awesome. I also love that you can get the child tray - it is well worth the extra $20 to get it. I also got a sunshine kids buggy buddy - and it is GREAT - holds keys, 2 drinks, etc etc and for around $8 you can't beat it.

This stroller handles really nicely, turns on a dime and I paid under $130 for mine new - I will say that if I could do it all over again I would have gotten a Mini for my daughter from birth - but I didn't know about them. For an older child, the Micro is a good fit and will save you some $$$ too!

SavsMom

Recline is sufficient enough to prevent any head slump, my daughter seemed rather comfy sleeping in it.

The basket is a bit small, you can fit a small bag in it. There is a storage pocket/net on the back of the seat that can fit a good amount of stuff. When we went to Disney I took a small diaper bag and hung it on the handles - that worked quite well.

The Buggy Buddy is great - it has some metal (or something) that reinforces the top so it is very solid. It has a small zipper pouch in the middle, and the 2 cupholders worked great - for the price you just can't go wrong.

Thank you!! :)

Yea I seen the Recline was minimal, but its recline enough for NO head slump so that is all that matters to me.
How did you like the basket? Could you fit a diaper bag or purse in there?
I usually don't carry a diaper bag unless I'm going to be gone all day, mine is Medium Sized though.
Oh great, Glad you mentioned the SK Buggy Buddy! It was going to be $51 for the Child Tray and the BJ Parent Console! :eek: This sounds much better!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC