Questions about boosters....

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I am still debating boosters. I've now narrowed it down to the Oobr, Strada, Vivo, or Monterey. I know big price differences.

What concerns me is the width of the Monterey. How wide is it really at the shoulders? Would it fit in between two car seats in a normal size SUV (Grand Cherokee, Pilot, of Vue)?

How wide is the Vivo at the shoulders? Does it become backless? I've looked and looked and can't find anything that says one way or the other. It really doesn't matter, but I am curious.

Anyone actually gotten a Strada? I am looking forward to a review!!!

I really like the Oobr. It is tops right now. Any shoulder width dimensions on it? How high does it go? I am hoping the rep will get back with me soon about a possible discount. If I can get one under $200 it will most likely be coming home.

Lastly, am I nuts for considering ordering all four and then returning the three I don't want? None are in stores and no one I know has one. My husband secretly thinks I am, but he's learned to live with it. When I was picking travel strollers we had three or four in the house at once and then I returned the ones I didn't like.

ETA: The Turbo Booster and Parkway SG are now off the list. I just want something with more side impact protection. Those two just leave him looking so "naked."

ADS

Cryssy Jane

I got to play with a stada during my cpst class. It's an interesting seat. The headwings are a little shallow and the seat portion doesn't allow much support in my opinion.

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I got to play with a stada during my cpst class. It's an interesting seat. The headwings are a little shallow and the seat portion doesn't allow much support in my opinion.

Do you think it has more, less, or about the same support as the Parkway SG? Did it seem sturdy? Does it fall apart like the Turbo Booster when you lift it by the back?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC