Need a stroller, please suggest one :)

Briden

I am not a fan of my stroller, I thought I would love it but so far, not so much! I have a PegPerego Plinko P3 that I bought used. I do not like the harness system as it's a pita to use. My son is 3yr8m, 40lbs, 41inches, and needs a 5pt harness as he is an escape artist.
I am looking for a light stroller as I am a single mom and don't want something heavy to lug around.
something that will hold him for a while
5 point harness
something not too expensive
Durable

I was looking at the Maclaren Vivo but wasn't sure if it was a good stroller?

ADS

MoreLatte

The Maclaren Volo is a bare-bones, no fuss stroller. It pushes like a dream, as do all of the Macs, and is very lightweight, but the seat doesn't recline.

I guess it depends on what you'll be using it for and how often he's in the stroller. My DD, at 3yrs doesn't typically ride in a stroller all of the time. If we go to the zoo, she's usually in and out of it throughout the day. I mainly use my Volo for quick trips, like if I'm running into a department store that doesn't have carts and DD is in a mood.

The Baby Jogger City Mini would be a great choice if its in your budget. They have a super tall seatback, great canopy and awesome fold. They weigh just under 17# and have a weight capacity of 50#. It really is a great do-it-all stroller. They run just over $200 but you may be able to find one for a little less on Craigslist.

My second suggestion would be a Maclaren Quest or Techno. The Quest is the smaller of the two and weighs less obviously. The Techno has higher, adjustable handles, larger wheels and a much more generous canopy. Macs are pricey but hold their value well, and are very durable. A new Quest runs anywhere from $130(ebay) to $250. A Techno runs $200+ but again, you often can score a great deal on one on Craigslist.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC