hmm, to keep or not to keep?

rachelandtyke

I just moved DS out of our Snugride. I had always thought it expired 6 years after DOM (so next March), but since hanging out around here (and verifying with my manual and seat), I have learned it doesn't actually expire until next December.

Until learning that, I had planned to sell the travel system with the plan to get something new when we have a new little one. I do like a bucket for conveince in the beginning even though a lot of times I just took DS out and put him in a pouch. It only goes to 22 lbs, but with my kids this is not an issue. I moved DD out at 13 months because I got a Blvd, not because she didn't fit. And I moved DS out because I liked the Blvd so much for rf and I moved DD into a TF.

Anyway, we plan to ttc again after DS turns one, so we could actually (in theory) have another baby that could use the seat for a while before it expires and then be ready to move into a convertible when it does expire.

Keeping the seat means we wouldn't have to buy another if we do have a successful pg. Not keeping it and selling it means I might get $50 for the stroller/carseat combo which would be nice, but isn't a need right now (that might change in a few months if DH doesn't find a job soon . . . ) I also have the fear/concern that if I sell it locally, then the next person may not discontinue use when it expires . . . (I suppose if I keep it and don't need it, I can always hope BRU does another trade in and put it toward something new later . . .)

Anyway, what do you do with seats that don't have much life left but that you "might" still be able to use?

ADS

Mommy0608

I'd keep it, or loan it to a friend/family member if needed, making sure they know about the expiration. I have an infant seat on loan to my brother that expires soon, but his baby has almost outgrown it. After he's done with it I'll toss it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC