Quinny Buzz?

menfusse

Ok, I thought I'd pretty much settled on the BJCMini or even elite if I can find it in the budget. But I really like the looks of the Quinny buzz which is half off right now at albeebaby. Dh likes the the looks of the Quinny better and wants it if it fits the bill. But, I can't find a weight limit on it. DD is a lightweight, but she'll also probably need a stroller longer than most kids.

So does anybody know the upper weight limit? If you own one I'd love to see pics.

It's not one of those crazy 30 pounder seats is it?

ADS

lovinwaves

4 years, 31lbs, and 40 inches.

DSC02319.jpg

DSC02317.jpg

Her feet weren't comfortable. She felt like a big kid in a baby stroller, and her shoulders were squished. The BJ will last you longer :twocents:

ETA: Just noticed your DD is 4 already, yeah stick with a BJ.

lovinwaves

For comparison, here she is in the BJ about a year later:

You can see how much more comfortable she is. Also, she is able to climb in by herself on the BJ and get in much more easily. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=79994

ETA: Have you thought about the Quinny Zapp? It has a 50lb weight, and very large seat. The Quinny buzz I think is either 40 or 45 lb weight limit, but I can tell you by the way it felt at the store, it would be pretty hard to push by that point, imo.

menfusse

For comparison, here she is in the BJ about a year later:

You can see how much more comfortable she is. Also, she is able to climb in by herself on the BJ and get in much more easily. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=79994

ETA: Have you thought about the Quinny Zapp? It has a 50lb weight, and very large seat. The Quinny buzz I think is either 40 or 45 lb weight limit, but I can tell you by the way it felt at the store, it would be pretty hard to push by that point, imo.
Does the Zap seat recline? That's a stickler for us, and I thought I saw somewhere that it doesn't recline.

DD is 4 already, but more the size of a typical 2 year old with both weight and height. She wears 24 months in clothes. Dh likes the zap too, if it reclines.

Otherwise, I'll just stick with the BJCmini. He'll get over it, lol. The Buzz looks cool, but she'll need a stroller for a few more years and I *hope* we get her growing better soon, so I should be prepared.

ETA: The pink zap is only $119! Please tell me the seat reclines...PLEASE!!!

menfusse

It doesn't. Sorry! But at 4, does she really need the recline? :eek:

Yeah, she does. She has a yet to be dx'd disorder (mitochondrial disease is on the table right now) that includes low muscle tone among lots of other things. :( She sleeps a lot as well so combine that with low tone and you get a kid flopping all over. Not a good combo unfortunately.

Think we'll just go with the BJCMini and call it a day. It has a recline and the 50 lbs weight will get us a long time. Maybe by that time, she'll have an official diagnosis and we can apply for insurance to pay for a medical stroller of some kind.

lovinwaves

Yeah, she does. She has a yet to be dx'd disorder (mitochondrial disease is on the table right now) that includes low muscle tone among lots of other things. :( She sleeps a lot as well so combine that with low tone and you get a kid flopping all over. Not a good combo unfortunately.

Ah, gotcha ;) I have a son with physical issues including low tone, and low muscle, so I understand the need.

The BJ should work perfect!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC