TF, RN & MR Any chance?

Kyras_Mama

Right now we have a TF (no ARB) and an MA. I want to get rid of the MA for something with a higher RF weight and maybe get a convertible for a spare too and sell our SS1. I want three that, if needed, could fit three across in our new van on the 3rd seat. (Will be either a 2004 Sedona or a 2004 Venture, will know this weekend.) Is there ANY hope of getting a Truefit, a Myride and a Radian RF across the back of either of those or am I totally dreaming? What if I switched out either the TF or the MR for our Scenera when we wanted three across? I don't care if it's latch or seatbelt installs as I don't mind either although I know the RN can be tricky and I'm not familiar with it.

ADS

mkmama

The MyRide puzzles really well with the Radian (assuming you don't have headwings...I just can't seem to get the headwings on my XTSL to play nice next to my MR) when they are both RF.

If I remember correctly, the Avenue is about the same size/shape as the Scenera, and my Avenue plays OK with my MyRide. However, that being said, I cannot get those three in a 3 across with all of them RF in my 2000 Ford Windstar...I need about another 2 inches or another inch and no headwings. Hopefully your 3rd row seat is wider than mine :)

I have a TF as well, and the TF and MR just don't really puzzle well together...never tried the TF next to the Radian yet though.

armywife12

Not sure how it would work in the third row of the van but I just had a Radian and myride both rear facing side by side in my cx7. It had a lot or space on the other side and I was tempted to try the true fit on the other side rf but thought I was in a hurry so I didn't try it. I'm pretty sure I could have fit a rf scenera though. I have no idea how that compares to a third row in a van.

Kyras_Mama

So if nothing else, it does sound like I may at least be able to get two of them center and outboard to leave a lap/shoulder belt and a headrest for an adult. Thanks for the info!!! :thumbsup:I just wish I new somewhere nearby that carried the RN so I could play with them before we bought one!

ETA: And thanks for the tip about the no headwings giving an extra inch! We'll be avoiding them as dd#2 has a hearing aid that fit on a band and sticks out from her head. It whistles like crazy when it contacts her seat and the headwings would just maket hat worse.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC