Easy Nautilus (or similar) question -

purple826

Hey, it's been a while since I last lurked. Friend has a 3.5yr/old and is asking about the Nautilus. She currently owns a RA and baby is outgrowing the infant seat. RA will go to baby and preschooler will go to "new seat."

She knows EH info.
She's asked me about the GN (we bought one about a year ago and love it).
She doesn't drive, 1-car family, the seat will occasionally go into a friend's car for playdates etc.
Her son is average weight and on the tall side of Average for height.
She's certainly interested in a harness-to-booster.

I think the Nautilus is a good fit for them (BF is out of their price range I believe). But... I wanted to make sure there wasn't a new harness-to-booster seat that I've missed in the last few months. I've got all the stats and pros/cons, just making sure I didn't miss a new seat.

So,
"Yup, Nauti is still a good general pick" or
"Nah, skip it. XYZ has this awesome new seat that's way better."

Nikki
Mom to
Athan, 36#, 41", 3.5yrs, Nautilus and
Paladin, 29#, 37", 18mo, RF FPSVD

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

"Yup, Nauti is still a good general pick"

Is she sure he hasn't outgrown the roundabout by height? If not, than it is a great pick that will last quite a few years harnessed.

Evolily

The Evenflo Maestro came out recently, and is a seat for people on a tighter budget ($75). It won't harness quite as long as the GN by height or weight, won't last very long in booster mode, and has a few more quirks than the GN. But it is definitely worth mentioning to your friend.

Generally most people are still suggesting the GN as a good, reasonably priced option for extended harnessing.

purple826

Thanks! She clarified that her 3.5y/o is in a MA (I knew it was a Britax but we're internet friends so I've never seen her IRL). They're shy about the GN because of the IHS reviews. I explained that they only test one-size-dummy and it's not certain the seat is installed correctly, the concern was the height of the lap belt and that varies kid-to-kid. Understandable if she doesn't go that route but it's okay if she does.

She wants to ERF w/ her youngest (20#... so this carseat thing seems a bit immediate). The words Comfort Sport crossed her fingers... so I explained away that one ;) . I mentioned the Radians (because carpooling may involve other carseats so it would fit well), MyRide, ETA. Any of those the 3.5y/o could stay in the MA or switch. If all are over what they wanted then the Maestro for her preschooler.

Thanks! :)
~nikki

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC