tentatively ISO maternity clothes

kidzndogz

I'll be honest and say I don't know squat about maternity clothes. I don't know sizes, or anything. If I could make it through all this with my comfy jeans and a Social D t-shirt I'd be in heaven, but I'm accepting that won't happen.

That being said, anyone have anything for sale they think would fit me at some point? I wear size 5 jeans now, typically small or medium shirts. I'm 5'4 and 115lbs.

I got one pair of jeans from an awesome poster already, but could use another pair. She also gave me a couple skirts.

Anything else? I'm clueless. Keep in mind I live in AZ so it'll be 34817234102931 degrees out in a few months. Although I still wear jeans because I could be naked outside and still feel like I'm on the brink of death so it doesn't really matter by July or so. Hell feels like hell regardless of what you wear.

ADS

Calleiah

Check out this post that I put up. There are a few momma's with things for sale!
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=110320

Are you going to be working in scrubs while pg? You might check Craigslist for some maternity scrubs. Otherwise, if you have a few pairs of neutral pants/capris, you just change around the tops and it makes it look like you have a whole wardrobe. Oh, and you might look into some Bella bands if you want to keep using your own pants. I found tons on ebay and they just go around your waist band and viola, regular pants turned into maternity. I hope it's that easy anyway.
I scoured CL a bit and found a ton of cute stuff for summer for me.
One thing to not skimp on... bras. You really cant half do that one, a good bra is essential, the wrong bra can cause problems (clogged ducts for me because of an ill fitting underwire.)

HTH

sb518

I would definitely invest in a bella band to get your jeans to last as long as possible. You can get knock offs at Motherhood Maternity and they are well worth the money!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
You'll probably want XS maternity clothes. I wore XS and Small and I am, um, a bit bigger than you. With DD1, I was 135 starting the pregnancy and I wore my regular pants up until 32 or so weeks. I wore regular tshirts too.

I wore my small scrubs right up until 39.3 weeks with DS, when I stopped working. The tops got a little tight but I wasn't going to buy new scrubs for like 3 weeks :p

amy919

I have a bunch of summer stuff if you want to take a look at my flickr account. There's a link in my post here in swap. I'm sure my stuff would fit you throughout your entire pregnancy. I'm a little smaller than you, but pretty close and since I delivered in December, my summer stuff is mostly all small and most of it is fitted.

kidzndogz

wow, I had no idea wth a bellaband was. Maybe I won't really need many maternity clothes after all! Woohoo! I went into the Target section today and vomited a little. I prefer my own clothes. :rolleyes:

Amy, I might grab a couple pair of your jeans...let me think about the logistics of cramming myself into my own pants with a stretchy band thing.....

amy919

wow, I had no idea wth a bellaband was. Maybe I won't really need many maternity clothes after all! Woohoo! I went into the Target section today and vomited a little. I prefer my own clothes. :rolleyes:

Amy, I might grab a couple pair of your jeans...let me think about the logistics of cramming myself into my own pants with a stretchy band thing.....

You know, maternity clothes have come a long way! I remember just 8 years ago being pregnant with Kaylie and everything either looked like a tent or had those stupid ties in the back. When I was pregnant with Teagan, the selection was a little better, but unless I wanted to spend $80 for a shirt, it still wasn't great. With this pregnancy, I had to start over from scratch and I'm not a bellaband fan - I just can't deal with unbuttoned/unzipped pants :p. I will say though that I was happy to see that maternity clothes were so much better! Just about everything I had for this last pregnancy was fitted. I love the shirts with the gathered/shirred sides - they look so cute and show off your belly so you actually LOOK pregnant instead of looking like you're just gaining weight :rolleyes:. Also, all of the jeans I had looked just like regular jeans. You couldn't even tell they were maternity and it was so nice to have actual useable pockets! So don't rule out maternity clothes all together - they do have their positives!

Let me know if you want any of the jeans. I still have them and I also have some really cute shorts that look like "regular" shorts as well, but I'll warn you, I wear my shorts fairly short, not daisy dukes by any means, but not halfway down my thighs either :).

jessclear

I have one of the knock-off bella bands that you are welcome to. I am also trying to get all of my preggy clothes out of my closet. I will get back to you with what I have. I know I have smalls in summer styles. I will try to get pics as well. If you are interested in several items I will just fill a box and set a price.

sb518

I used my own clothes my entire last pregnancy. I bought 2 maternity things - A pair of shorts and a swimsuit for my preggy water aerobics. Get a few pair of yoga pants for the very last weeks and you can still wear them after.

Maternity clothes looked ridiculous on me and were ridiculously priced.

cryswilkins

I also wanted to add that I had some really good luck with Kohls junior section. Long shirts are in right now and I got a lot of my shirts there for 1/4 of the price of Maternity stuff.

kidzndogz

I forgot about my own thread! I stay away from the swap forums because they get me in trouble. :p

My friend just had her baby 2 months ago and said she'd give me a couple tank tops...so that's good. I found some clearanced stuff at Old Navy that I can wear even not pregnant. I guess basically I'll just live in tank tops and skirts/yoga pants for a few months!

Oh and Crystal, I got lucky with that. I typically wear juniors clothes anyway because they fit me best and a lot of the shirts I already have are that style. I forgot about that because I haven't worn them since it was hot out!

jessclear

I meant to tell you that the ProSpirit Target yoga pants with fold over waist are my favorite pants in the entire world. I'm wearing them now!
I also love my Motherhood yoga pants, but they may cost more, not sure. Give it a look for when you are just lounging around. They are bliss when I'm feeling lazy, or bloated, or just fat. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC