Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Question Best RF seat next to a Britax Frontier?

Hi again,

I posted the other day about RF shoulder harness height - thanks to all who replied! I posted a follow-up q in that thread, but it is pages back by now. To answer those who asked, yes, my 17mo dd is in a 2005 Graco Comfort Sport with only 3 shoulder harness positions. She is fairly uncomfortable in it; the shoulder straps tend to dig into her neck because they are threaded in the middle holes, which are over an inch below the tops of her shoulders.

So -- we are thinking of switching to a newer RF seat with more shoulder harness heights to choose from. We are down to either the Graco My Ride or the Compass/First Years True Fit. I've been searching/reading the threads here and am leaning toward the TF because our dd is taller than she is heavy; 31.5 in tall, but only 22.2 lb. The MR also looks wider to me than the TF, and since it has to go next to my 5yo ds' Britax, I think the TF would be a better choice. We have a GMC Yukon and these seats will be in the middle row bench seat.

Any experience with these carseats in this type of SUV?

Thanks!! - Kathleen

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Best RF seat next to a Britax Frontier?

I have a 92 Suburban, so depending on what year your Yukon is, it maybe a different bench (mine's a old body style).

I have never had the My Ride in with the Frontier but have with the TFP.

They fit together rather well in my experiance.

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011

Oh I should have said the year - it's a 2005 Yukon

Quote Originally Posted by mamasan7 View Post
    Oh I should have said the year - it's a 2005 Yukon
    Closest I've done with that body style (2003 Tahoe) was a Recaro Como FF'ing and the TFP RF'ing next to eachother - they fit well, but not what your looking for

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011

Carseat Crazy

For what it's worth, my Radian XTSL (Rfing) and my Frontier puzzle well in my SUV.
    DS1 (7) in two Diono Montereys
    DS2 (4) in a Frontier 85 and a Britax Roundabout 55