Talk to me about the Nautilus

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Does it have any quirky install issues or specs that I need to know?

I will be installing in my Explorer. It will be either driver second row or passenger third row (I'm thinking third row isn't an option because of non-allowed overhang?) . I am trying to be prepared incase I don't have the manual. I'm not "picky" or nosey when a seat is in someone else's vehicle, but if it is going in mine I want to know it is correctly installed. One reason I'd love to become a cpst is because no one I know has ever had their seat checked (SIL doesn't count, I don't trust her).

My bff needs help getting back to Alabama. She was planning to stay w/her parents through tax season since they are CPA's. Anywho, her dh left her out here at Christmas and now she's got to get home. Her house sold and she needs to pack it up before Feb. :rolleyes:

I'll be taking her, her 4 1/2 yo, and dd with me. Her dd is harnessed in a GN.

ADS

J-max

CPST Instructor
What year Explorer? I have installed it in several and it goes in pretty easy. I can't remember if I put it in the 3rd row or not, sorry. You might have to remove the headrest in the second row (I had to in MILs but not in SILs so it depends on year)

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
What year Explorer? I have installed it in several and it goes in pretty easy. I can't remember if I put it in the 3rd row or not, sorry. You might have to remove the headrest in the second row (I had to in MILs but not in SILs so it depends on year)

J-max

CPST Instructor
My SIL's in an 04 and I have had the GN in there lots of times and it goes in really easily.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
My SIL's in an 04 and I have had the GN in there lots of times and it goes in really easily.

I am guessing on the second row?

I am only wondering about the third row because I would like to keep dd in the center. From what I've seen at the store it seems to be a pretty chunky and wide seat and I'm wondering if it will work beside the SR. I am hoping I can puzzle it in. It would be awesome if a 3 across w/ it is possible (ds isn't going, but I don't want to uninstall his seat either (I have my reasons for when I get to alabama:whistle: )

I am very happy to know that it is an easy install. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC