Maclaren Techno

W

wifamily

Hi. Has anyone had any experience with the Maclaren Techno Classic? I'm having a hard time finding any kind of reviews from people on this stroller. Is it for a reason? Is there something people don't like about this stroller? Any comments would be appreciated! Thank you!

ADS

nisi

Senior Community Member
I have an older Techno - from 2000 I think. There have been a few changes since them but aside from adding adjustable handles, I don't think it was anything major. Anyway, I love it. It doesn't recline quite enough for a newborn IMO, but if you used a head support it would be fine. It has held up well. (I bought it used, so it's on it's 2nd and 3rd kid now) It is super easy to push - as in my just-turned-2yo can push her ~50lb big sister without much effort. The basket is .. well, coming from the old Century beast we had it seemed small, but it's plenty big enough for a diaper bag and a few toys, etc. It folds and unfolds easily with one hand (and a foot). It's very light for being as sturdy as it is. I really don't have any complaints about it.

cso1997

I have a 2006 Classic and I wish that I would have gotten the XT instead. The Classic is good for a newborn because of the extra padding and head hugger. Mine does recline flat enough for a newborn and the sunshade is huge. If you like the padding then the Classic is great but I ended up not liking the pad. It doesn't lay flat and it just kind of gets in the way. It is removable but then the stroller is just gray and boring.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I agree w/ what nisi said. Also keep in mind, there's no cupholder/parent tray. That's my biggest complaint. The basket is small, but I just hook my diaper bag over the handles... it's easier to access that way.

I have Techno XT that I've used from birth... and just the other day, dh was pushing 45 lb ds who was holding 20 lb ds in his lap (yes, i know, not safe) and it still could have turned one handed, on a dime. GREAT turning capabilities.

LuvBug

I have the vogue, which they now call the techno classic(I believe 05 was the last year as the vogue). Mine fully reclines completely flat and came with a boot and infant headhugger. I think it would be really great for a newborn. It doesnt have a parent or child tray but none of them do. I think you can order a parent accessory pack, but its not a tray. You can order babytrend kid trays that fit on the maclarens and you can order tray like holders for adults that you fasten on from other places.
My vogue has 2 nice sized pockets on the back of the hood, one with a cupholder pouch inside it. It hasnt bothered me not to have the tray.

If you join yahoo's strollerswap (I think it is groups.yahoo.com/groups/strollerswap its free, you just use an email address) you can get all kinds of information about strollers, advice, and tricks on where to get accessories that fit that arent made by the same company.

jamesmommy

We love our Techno! It took the place of our Volo, which was getting hard to push with my 4 year old. The bigger wheels make it much easier to push. We live near Orlando and do the theme parks alot, it is a great park stroller IMO. We have the Techno Classic and removed the seat pad, so ours is gray as well. We like the solid gray, it's classy and it doesn't show dirt easily.

I also second the recommendation to check out StrollerSwap, it's a great group.

Amie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC