Monterey - 99.99

ADS

Kat_Momof3

Must resist. I have 2 husky, 1 nauti, 1 radian, and a rstv for 1 child.

about 50 views and only two comments? :whistle:
even with 2 Husky, 1 nauti, 1 radian, and 1 rstv, I notice you have no boosters... the Monterey is THE tallest booster I've ever owned... it'd be perfect for when the harnesses on the other seats are outgrown... (just some enabling here :love:)

Thanks so much :thumbsup:
Parkway now a spare :)
so glad I could help! I was shocked when I saw it... I went just to check on a fact for another thread... and then just decided to peruse the sale items and was shocked that I actually found something worth posting.

vamom

about 50 views and only two comments? :whistle:
even with 2 Husky, 1 nauti, 1 radian, and 1 rstv, I notice you have no boosters... the Monterey is THE tallest booster I've ever owned... it'd be perfect for when the harnesses on the other seats are outgrown... (just some enabling here :love:)

I so don't need any enabling, lol. I am so broke. My kid must have a short torso - he is about to move up to teh last slot on teh husky, and still has a smidge left on teh other two. He is in three cars, mine mostly. Then occasionally my mom's, but very occassionly.

I was thinking for my dad. but then it is a single cab truck, so when he otgrows teh nautilus I am thinking about teh 86y for there. So It may be awhile before we need a booster, and I need to wait to get the most life out of it and see what cool new things come out! Ot that's what I keep telling myself. I was convinced I needed teh rstv and it has been in teh box since August.

Thanks though.

steph_s

It is a 2009 and when I called they said that the manufacture date was in June :(. Anyways I had Diapers.com price match this and they gave me a $20 credit to match their 2009's price. The thing is, you can purchase a 2010 model for $20 off (Making it $119) because as long as it's a sunshine kids' product you will get the credit. It's just how their computer system works.

Now my debate before I order it.. please help with suggestions.

My 5.5 year old is almost out of his Regent. I LOVE his regent and he really doesn't need another seat. My other kids are leaving soon (foster kids) and I will be down to just one child. Does 1 child need a Regent, Pkwy sg, and a Monterey? Does said child need a Monterey if the Monterey won't fit him for a few years because he's just too narrow of a kid?

I did love the way the Monterey made my seat belts slide through the belt path though. I have to fight a bit with my pkwy and there is no way he can buckle on his own! It's just too wide and I like the SG clip on his Pkwy anyways since he is so tiny weight wise. What would you guys do?

Kat_Momof3

not exactly the type of post that requires much discussion. :shrug-shoulders: Bargain posts often have lots of views but few replies.

My BRU had a pink one for $84+ tax yesterday. It was $120 - 30%.

I know... I was teasing... lol :love:

It is a 2009 and when I called they said that the manufacture date was in June :(. Anyways I had Diapers.com price match this and they gave me a $20 credit to match their 2009's price. The thing is, you can purchase a 2010 model for $20 off (Making it $119) because as long as it's a sunshine kids' product you will get the credit. It's just how their computer system works.

Now my debate before I order it.. please help with suggestions.

My 5.5 year old is almost out of his Regent. I LOVE his regent and he really doesn't need another seat. My other kids are leaving soon (foster kids) and I will be down to just one child. Does 1 child need a Regent, Pkwy sg, and a Monterey? Does said child need a Monterey if the Monterey won't fit him for a few years because he's just too narrow of a kid?

I did love the way the Monterey made my seat belts slide through the belt path though. I have to fight a bit with my pkwy and there is no way he can buckle on his own! It's just too wide and I like the SG clip on his Pkwy anyways since he is so tiny weight wise. What would you guys do?

I would hold off in your case... if you need a booster for a spare, I'd say pick up a turbo, but otherwise, I'd wait...

The Chicco Strada SHOULD be finally being released (I saw it being said to be out before spring)... and once we have measurements and such, you may find that it becomes a better option for you than the Monterey... the nice flat belt guides (similar, but different to the FPSV booster and starriser comfy) should work really well and it may start narrower than the Monterey does, though it also expands for width.

If that's the case, I wouldn't want to regret buying a booster that is going to waste some lifetime first being stored.

Heck, I'm waiting and watching to see what happens, too... because Ruthie just does not seem like she's going to thicken up and need the width of the Monterey... but I love the side protection. If the Chicco Strada is what I'm hoping (basically a love child between the Vivo and Monterey), then I may sell the Monterey and buy one (after Jeffrey outgrows the Monterey... so next year)... but I'll still be checking her in the Monterey first... and considering just selling the Monterey and leaving her with the Vivo as a main booster and the FPSV booster as her spare.

steph_s

I would hold off in your case... if you need a booster for a spare, I'd say pick up a turbo, but otherwise, I'd wait...

The Chicco Strada SHOULD be finally being released (I saw it being said to be out before spring)... and once we have measurements and such, you may find that it becomes a better option for you than the Monterey... the nice flat belt guides (similar, but different to the FPSV booster and starriser comfy) should work really well and it may start narrower than the Monterey does, though it also expands for width.

If that's the case, I wouldn't want to regret buying a booster that is going to waste some lifetime first being stored.

Heck, I'm waiting and watching to see what happens, too... because Ruthie just does not seem like she's going to thicken up and need the width of the Monterey... but I love the side protection. If the Chicco Strada is what I'm hoping (basically a love child between the Vivo and Monterey), then I may sell the Monterey and buy one (after Jeffrey outgrows the Monterey... so next year)... but I'll still be checking her in the Monterey first... and considering just selling the Monterey and leaving her with the Vivo as a main booster and the FPSV booster as her spare.

I have heard little mentions here and there about the Strada, but never knew what it would look like or the features it would have. If it's truly the love child between the vivo and monterey I would be in booster seat heaven! He just doesn't fit into the Monterey yet, but says it's very comfortable. He is very picky so this is a good thing. He didn't mind the vivo, but defiantly liked the pkwy sg better in terms of comfort so we have that currently. He isn't in a booster seat much and is still booster training on short trips here and there and does very well in it. Very soon though he will be outgrowing his Regent. One more growth spurt like the one he had in October and he will be out of it! He has about a fingers width till his shoulders at the bottom of the slot opening so I figure he has about half an inch considering those slots are so big before he's outgrown it.

I don't know what I would have done without the Regent! He's out of the frontier and doesn't like it anyways and he is just now over 40lbs consistently and not yet totally ready for a booster seat. I really wish Britax would re-consider and keep the Regent around for longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC