Putting a rear facing child seat into the 3rd row

fatherof3

is this possible when you have bench seats in the 2nd row. I am considering the Ford Flex and Chevy traverse. According to Consumer Reports with a bench "rear facing child seats can be secured in the second row but might not fit in the third. With captain's chairs its possible to secure a rear facing seat in the center third row." This was in the review for the Traverse.

I am considering both the traverse and flex. this may sound odd but i am considering putting 4 seats in the car for 3 kids. For the most part for short trips all 3 kids will sit in the 2nd row. 1 forward facing and 2 rear facing. For longer trips mom and the infant will stay in the 3rd row.

any ideas helpful. I just do not want to buy the car and not have it work.

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

Child restraints can be installed in rear-facing in third row seating. What infant seat do you have? I would recommend one where the handle can be left in the upright position, since it will leave more room front to back. The only way to know if a particular seat will fit is to take it to the dealer and try out the install. Many of us do this, as it can be a deal breaker on buying a vehicle.

Have you had a test drive? If not, take it with you when you go and try it out. If you have already, I'd still take it down there and ask to try it. They should be more than willing to accomodate you.

Err, and I would highly advise AGAINST using Consumer Reports to research cars, electronics, and a few other categories that are escaping me at the moment. Oh, car seats is another one. Consumer Reports has a long history of erroneous results. It's likely intentional in order to generate ratings but they have yet to admit to it. Basically, for cars and car seats, their history shows they are about as reliable as the National Enquirer. I used to have an electronic subscription, but I cancelled it because I really don't buy that many appliances. They're useless in pretty much everything else that the subscription isn't worth it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC