Three across in a Prius--Booster recs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb5416

Hey all,
We just bought a second car (lightly used Prius). I have a 2 year-old in a Radian XTSL (prob FF as he is nearly three and I don't think I can get the Radian in RF in that car without touching the front seat), a tiny 11 year-old (who sits in a Dakota backless in our van), and a 7 year-old who sits in a Monarch in our van. I'm pretty much ok with the 11 year-old in a seat belt (she just is only a tiny tad off of passing the 5-step test) but I need recommendations for a good HBB for the 7 year-old. He is strictly average sized for his age (as in not tall), and weighs 55 lbs. Ideas of what might fit?

As always, your advice would be greatly appreciated :D.
Jessie

ETA--Please move, mods. I posted in the wrong forum again....

Last edited:
ADS

Maedze

Well, let's see.

If the 11 year old doesn't 5-step in the Prius, she needs a booster, no matter how close she is. Either the belt fits or it doesn't, and if it doesn't the belt could hurt her in a crash. So she needs a booster.

The Radian *should* fit rear facing in the center position without touching either of the front seats, which will make it easier for you.

I think the Admin of this site posted a picture of his daughter in a Prius three-across using a Britax Parkway, but then again, I could be imagining things.

I would consider a Clek Olli for the 11 year old, the rear facing XTSL for the baby, and a Britax Parkway SlideGuard for your 7 year old. Do you think that would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC