Question Got DD"s Flair MR, a question re: infant insert

ZephyrBlue

The infant support pillow that came w/DD's Flair MR only has one set of harness slots; are there newer ones available w/2? The manual says to use the insert only with the lowest harness slots- if there are 2 on the new inserts, can you use them w/the bottom 2 sets of harness slots?

ADS

Maedze

Hmm. Wonder if I can order a new infant insert from Graco tomorrow. Has anyone done it yet?

I got a replacement cover a few weeks ago for other issues and the new cover came with the double-slotted insert...moot point to me since my kid's at the third slots :p

ZephyrBlue

Did they ask you to return the old cover and insert?

Just bein' nosy :cool:

I haven't ordered anything from Graco over the phone, and I'm curious to see how it'll be. I remember your recent thread Maedze, saying you got good customer service. I got the run around when I called BRU this weekend, so I'm hoping ordering a part from Graco isn't a three-ring circus.

Last edited:

Spam

They'll probably give you a new one free of charge. They have really great cs. When the spiral covers first came out and were terrible, A Lot of people where getting replacements at no cost.

ZephyrBlue

Holy good customer service, Batman :eek:

This morning I was able to play w/the MR properly (last night it was kinda late, and I was tired) and I was showing it to DH, who was not convinced that it was as safe as a Britax convertible :rolleyes: and I took the cover off to show him how far the EPS foam comes down the shell. There is a 2" area where the thread sewing the elastic to the cover fabric didn't "catch", leaving a hole. I figured I'd have my mom fix it. Called Graco to order the 2 slot infant insert, was told that they don't even have Flair available anymore to order replacement parts for- it's being discontinued. I told her about the cover having a hole along the elastic, but that I think it can be repaired, just wanted to note it in case I have trouble w/in in the future. She's sending me a brand new Alma cover set for free, and I get to keep the holey Flair.

Now that's good service :thumbsup: The best part was that she didn't act like it was a huge flopping inconvenience to help me, which I get really peeved about when I call a company (like BRU did last week :thumbsdown:)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
That's great! :thumbsup:

Although I am SUPER sad they are discontinuing Flair. :( That means there is no hope of it coming to Canada. :( Flair was my favourite and I was thinking of getting someone in the U.S. to order me one (cover only) and send it to me. Can't really do that if they don't have it anymore! WAHHHHH! :crying:

Spam

I'm surprised they're discontinuing covers already. Patina bloom is discontinued as well, or at least it's off their site. I hope they keep Alma, I so want it if I have girl next.

ZephyrBlue

The CSR that I spoke with was surprised that they are discontinuing Flair, as well. Patina Bloom wasn't a choice, either. Sonata and Alma are the only girly covers that their computer shows as being available. I liked Patina Bloom way more than Sonata, and Flair is still my fave. Wonder if Sonata is the best seller because it's at BRU and Flair was a Target exclusive and people weren't really buying the MR from Target much?

ZephyrBlue

If you go to the replacement parts section of gracobaby.com, you can still put the Flair cover/insert/head pillow set in your cart and check out, but the CSR told me that it's not available :confused: Maybe it lets you buy it, but then when it comes time to fill the order, someone calls you and lets you know it's out of stock?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC