Esprit Sunspeed

BeBo's Mama

I know some people on these boards have and love this stroller. If you do, I was wondering if you could tell me how the stroller handles with an older/bigger child.

My son is about 35 lbs and about 38" tall. I understand this is within the limits of the stroller, but I am curious if the stroller is hard to push with a preschooler, or if he will be too cramped in here.

I can't find one around here to try out, so I will be ordering on-line and want to make sure I get as much feedback as possible before I take the plunge.

Thanks so much for your help!!

ADS

lovinwaves

It's a decent stroller, but honestly I would steer you (no pun intended :p) towards a used maclaren, or new (if it fits the budget.)

Any reason why you are wanting this particular stroller? I had the sister stroller the Rock Star Baby, and while it was a high end stroller, I think there are others that will be easier to push with a 35+lb child.

bubbaray

We took our Esprit SunSpeed and our Maclaren Volo to both Maui and Disneyland with our two DDs. We actually preferred the Esprit to the Volo. We used the Volo for our 5yo and the Esprit for our 2yo, but they did swap on a regular basis. My 5yo weighs about 40lbs and the push is fine in the Esprit with that weight. She's about 60% for height, 40% for weight and fits just fine.

I think for the money, its a great stroller. Not as tippy as a Mac either.

It couldn't be my "only" stroller, then again not many meet that criteria. I've had 17....

BeBo's Mama

Hmmm, thanks for the input.

Lovinwaves, I'm in Canada, and it is relatively hard to get used Volos around here. I would even consider springing for a new Volo, but I don't want to drive to downtown Toronto to buy one. I can't find one on-line in Canada (but am open to suggestions if anyone knows where I can find one on-line).

This wouldn't be my only stroller. We have the Peg A3 Pramette as our travel system. We also have a Chicco umbrella that I like and a BOB SUS that I also like. But, we're going on a trip when one kid will be 3 years and one will be 9 months, and I'd like a bit better stroller/one with a higher weight capacity than the Chicco to alternate with the BOB (Peg is too big to take). Although my preference would actually be to take two umbrella strollers for our trip, my husband absolutely loves travelling with the BOB so that he can do some serious walking with it.

I came across the Sunspeed because someone was selling one on Kijiji a while back and so I started researching whether it was a good stroller or not . . . .I also was considering a G-Lite, but again am having a few problems finding one . . . .

BeBo's Mama

The plot thickens. Apparently the Volo hasn't been available in Canada for about a year (I finally found a retailer to explain this to me). BUT, I can buy a new Volo carbon 2006 on ebay and ship it from the states for less than the price of the new Esprit in Canada. Oh what to do, what to do . . . .. :confused:

Do you think an all-black stroller would get too hot in the summer?

Rosey

I'd go with the volo. The black won't be too hot, especially considering the volo has mesh breathable fabric.

I think they sell the Britax Blink in Canada, and there has been talk that it is just like the Mac Quest and possibly better. Worth a look, but I don't have first hand experience with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC