2 Britax Carseats in Honda Accord or Pilot

UTLonghorn

Is it possible to put a Britax Boulevard rear-facing in the middle and Britax Marathon forward-facing on the passanger side of a 2001 Honda Accord or a 2005 Honda Pilot?

~Roxanne

ADS

Pixels

I have no idea if those seats will fit like that in those vehicles. Have you checked the successful three across thread?

Why do you want the forward facing seat outboard and the rear facing seat in the center? The usual recommendation is forward facing child center, rear facing outboard. Rear facing is safer than forward facing, and center is safer than outboard. Put the least protected child (forward facing) in the most protected position (center).

UTLonghorn

It's only temporary for a specific purpose. Our son currently is seated in the center rear-facing in the Boulevard, but we want to take him to look at Christmas lights. He really can't see anything when rear-facing so we thought we would borrow the Marathon from the grandparents who still haven't installed it and put it in forward-facing. We were hoping to not have to uninstall and reinstall the Boulevard. So, it wouldn't be permanent, just for the evening that we got look at Christmas lights.

~Roxanne

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
It will fit in the Pilot. It should fit in the Accord, too, but you might have to uninstall the center seat, install the outboard seat, then reinstall the center seat to get it to work, and it sounds like you want to avoid that.

FYI, I turned my then-2-year-old foward facing to look at lights one year, and she FREAKED OUT. She hated it, because there was no where to rest her feet. Your set-up sounds better. If he doesn't like the change, you could just move him back to the center RF seat for the rest of the trip.

luvsviola

Good luck! The first time DD rode FF she FREAKED out that the oncoming traffic was going to hit us. She cried/was upset the entire trip!

She has since figured it out...

MommyBoha

I have an 01 Accord. It MAY be possible. I dont have 2 Marathons to try it with. Howver I have a MA clone(FPSVD) and a Regent in mine and can fit a narrow booster or infant seat betwee them. The Pilot might be your best bet.

UTLonghorn

Thanks for the responses! DH decided to just move the Boulevard in the Accord to the passanger side and put it forward-facing since his parents weren't making much of an effort to get us the extra Marathon. Now, he has to uninstall and reinstall it in the middle rear-facing since we plan on keeping our son that way for as long as we can.

FYI, for those of you whose kids freaked out when they were forward-facing for the first time, you are not alone. My son freaked out and we were still in the garage. He held my hand the entire time that we were driving. I do think that he enjoyed the Christmas lights even though he didn't seem to like being forward-facing.

Thanks again for all of the responses!

~Roxanne

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC