Evenflo booster? Not big kid

fyrfightermomma

I was at Big Lots today and surfed their car seat section. I saw an Evenflo booster I'd never seen before. It wasn't a big kid. It was much wider, had better SIP, and had very square belt guides that were red as opposed to the rounder normal belt guides. It actually looked quite decent and when I picked it up it was sturdier than the Big Kid. There was no name, just said "Evenflo car seat" on the sign and no box.

Any clue? I googled and came up with nothing. Even on Evenflo's website

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Ahhhh well I suck at internet searching LOL. You found it fast! I just kept coming up with the plain big kid. It looks so ugly online. It actually looked really nice in person. It was a nice brown/black combo.

Is it any good? I need a spare booster for my car for my best friends kiddo who I end up picking up quite a bit from school. Her mom has the plain big kid and the thing is falling apart and I hate using it.

Maedze

It was so pretty looking, wasn't it? It's a PITA to raise the back, and I don't like how the lap belt fits on a lot of kids, though.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I have a Confidence and I LOVE it. The back raises in two places (I don't find it hard at all, I just push the little lever to the side and lift up on the headrest) and the seat adjusts front to back for more leg support. Being armrest-less, it is great for 3 across, and I find it fits very well on most kids. You do have to pay attention to the lapbelt routing and make sure to put the belt flat (no vertically!) through the lapbelt notches or the fit may not be so great.

The booklights suck, and it is not particularly tall (a bit taller than a TB).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC