Britax Multi Tech

humenz

Hi all,

Just through I would post a few pictures for interest of our Britax Multi Tech which we had sent to us by Adventuredad (thanks again) at carseats.se.

First shot is of the seat installed in a Suzuki SX4.

The rest are of the internal structure when I took the cover off to clean (which, by the way, was amazingly simple! I don’t know what material they use but everything just wipes off!). The head rest in these is in the highest position.

Anyway, hope they are of interest.

ADS

InternationalMama

Yours looks way more reclined than mine, I must have super slopey seats lol :)

Are you using the styrofoam wedge to get that recline? (It looks like it from the pics, but I can't quite tell.) Is that because your child needs it that reclined? Or you just prefer it that reclined? Or did you have to get that recline in order to get the foot prop to touch the floor?

Thanks for the pics!

humenz

Glad the photos have been useful.

As for stats, our daughter is quite small for her age. 8.2 kg at 13 months and she is on the lowest harness setting which is border line.

As for recline, we’re not actually using anything extra to boost it, that’s just the recline that has resulted. The main reason for this I think is that the seat height in the SX4 is quite high relative to the floor so even with the back leg on the seat at its maximum it still results in the seat being at an angle to get the correct lock.

The advantage is we can get a really solid lock as we set the seat belt tight and then crank up the rear belts until the leg indicates it has reached the right tension – quite a long way. The seat is then really really solid i.e. to the point where movement at the top is about a cm each way.

I was going to post another picture but the fourum wont let me so may start a new post with a few more comments and pictures.

Cheers

InternationalMama

As for stats, our daughter is quite small for her age. 8.2 kg at 13 months and she is on the lowest harness setting which is border line.

The Multi-Tech can only be used starting at 9kg, so you'll have to wait until your daughter gains a bit more weight before starting to use this seat. You probably already know that, but just thought I'd point it out in case. :)

Thanks for the other info!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I was going to post another picture but the fourum wont let me so may start a new post with a few more comments and pictures.

Cheers
Your best bet is to upload your photos somewhere else (Picasa, Photobucket, etc.) then link to them here rather than attaching them to posts.

humenz

Oops, my bad. That’s the problem when you write something after you work Christmas function......

Your dead right, it should read 9.2 kg, though we did actually start her in it at 8.7 kg as she had reached the limit of her capsule.

Thanks also for the info on ways to post additional pictures. I'll look into it.

Cheers

lenats31

Thought I should post new pictures of mine:
332.jpg

329.jpg

It reclines quite a bit in some cars.

Lena

U

Unregistered

in one of the above posts a wedge has been mentioned. Is this something i could buy? We have just bought a multi tech and i would like a better recline. My daughter always sleeps in the car and in her new seat her head falls forwards and she cries every time she drops off! It doesn't make for a very relaxing journey!
Thanks in advance

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC