So how long....

babygirlsmom1005

Madeline had a doctor appt. today and she is weighing 36 lbs (fully dressed) at 4 years old and 2 months. She's RF'ing in her RNXT which is a 40 lbs seat - so how long does it take a 4 year old to gain 4 lbs? (Basically how much longer does she have RF'ing?)

On a side note, when I called DH to let him know how her appt. went (she has a virus :mad:) I asked him to guess how much she weighed and he said 40 lbs, when I delievered the 36 lbs news, he seemed sad, I asked him why and he said he thought she would have grown more by now. I then reminded him we just forked out money for a 40 lbs RF'ing seat for her and he was like "Oh Yeah, we do want more use out of it" :rolleyes:

ADS

Joyofbirth

Mine do it all at once. Well, Mattie does. All of a sudden, she weighs 3 or 4 more pounds. But she goes a long while without gaining before this happens. Isn't Madeline a slow-gainer? I think you'll have a little while at any rate.

babygirlsmom1005

Mine do it all at once. Well, Mattie does. All of a sudden, she weighs 3 or 4 more pounds. But she goes a long while without gaining before this happens. Isn't Madeline a slow-gainer? I think you'll have a little while at any rate.

She is a slow gainer....I had this anxioty about crap, I should have bought the XTSL when she stepped on the scale and then when DH seemed disappointed she hadn't hit 40 lbs yet.

oxeye

I know DD1 was 33 pounds at 3.5 years because that is when we turned her FF. Now, 2.5 years later she is 40 pounds and it's been pretty steady weight gain. So that works out to 2.8 pounds per year.

It can take a kid that age a long time to gain 4 pounds!

xursusmaritimusx

my daughter seems to be gaining 5lbs a year but i know thats not typical of all kids.

she was 30lbs at 2 years and 35 at 3. im hoping she slows down this year but i doubt it cos she is already 36lbs :p

2BunniesMommy

No idea what Libby is going to gain as a 4 year old, but she hit the 33 lbs limit on her Decathlon just over a year ago and is now 36 lbs, so just 3 lbs in the last year. I am counting on at least another year before she is 40 lbs to keep boosters further in her future.

FrogJuice

She reminds me of DD2, she just never seems to gain weight, we wasn't 30lbs til she was 4, and know at 6 we had her at the doctor last Friday, and she was only 37lbs. Thats only 7lbs in 3 years.

I wouldn't worry about your DD hitting 40lbs for at least another year maybe even longer.

Calleiah

Mia has actually lost a little weight over the last year. She was 37 lbs last year at Christmas, fluctuated down to 33 and this year, she's like 35. But she's grown a few inches too. We're up to around 43" tall without shoes. If she makes it to 4 RF, Ill be super happy. If we make it beyond that, awesome!
Madeline probably has at least 6 months to RF, but keep in mind, she may go through a sudden growth spurt! :D

urchin_grey

Wow, that is tiny! He will be able to rearface until he's um.......10??

Yep, he'll definitely be one of those kids that can go straight from RF'ing to booster (assuming he'll sit in one properly, he's a bit delayed). He's in a TF now and I'm just waiting to see if he outgrows it by height or weight first. :whistle:

Freedom_Pixie

In March this year my DS was 27 lbs, now he is 31lbs. So he gained 4 lbs within 9 months. So my guess is in between 6-12 months.

Niea

DD was exactly 40lbs at 4 yrs. Now at 4y8m, she's 42lbs. So that's 2 lbs in 8 mos and she'll probably gain another pound or so by her 5th birthday.

Kat_Momof3

every kid is different... but she's at the age where weight gain slows again... so I wouldn't worry... she could make it to 5, 6, or gain it all in 6months... either one.

You'll see it coming... she'll eat more for a period of time... but when in doubt, you can always use those growth charts to guesstimate it (anyone got the links)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My dd hit 35lbs just after her 4th birthday. She jumped from 35lbs to 44lbs by the time she turned 5 and has stayed their since. She had 2 major growth spurts in that period though and grew 2 complete pant sizes, so she's still proportionate... but even lighter kids can all the sudden gain a good amount of weight quickly. I think that the first 4lbs went on in the first 4 months or so.

Hard to say what will happen with your dd though. Kids are anything but predictable in exactly when and how much they'll grow by. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC