I might need help choosing another seat!

mom1mg

Help Please.
My Radian broke. I go into the details on another thread but it was a harness adjustment issue and then I fell and accidentally cracked the seat.

I would prefer to do a 3 across - if I don't DS #1 has to ride in the back of my Rondo - loading him through the hatch, he would sit with the stroller, dogs and back packs -- not ideal!

My boys stats are -
7 years, about 44 inches, 50 pounds, riding in a Cosco HBB
(He is lean and narrow and full of muscle.)

6 Years, about 42 inches, just barely 40 pounds, riding in a generations
(He has been in a booster when he went over the 40 pound mark but has since lost weight and does prefer a harness. There is nothing to this boy!)

12 weeks, about 25 inches, 14 pounds, riding RF in a Radian or Snugride with no base.
(He is a solid baby - long thick torso, tiny inseam. AND is cloth diapered in some very fluffy bums when we go out for a long time.)

We drive a Kia Rondo. (We also have a truck which gives us a lot more room across but we don't have winter tires on the truck.)

SO if I am not going to use the Radian - I NEED other options for the smallest boosters, or HWH or Convertable seats out there. I would be ok doing 2 boosters if a HWH won't work.

I know that I can't do -- the snugride without base with the generations -- that doesn't leave enough room for a booster.

I also know for sure that I can't use a truefit RF. I have one in the truck and it won't instal in the Rondo -- can't close the lock offs.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Buying a bigger car IS an option but probably not for a couple months. Our Rondo is perfect for a family of 4 with two forward facing kids -- not so good when you add another baby. Laughable really when you consider we are TTC #4 soon.

ADS

amyd

Honestly, I'd buy another Radian. Is that an option? You'd get lots of use out of it & if you're okay with one that only rear-faces to 35lbs, you can pick up an XT right now for about $229 since the 2010s are out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC