Zapp or something else?

skipspin

I've wanted a Zapp for a long time, but didn't end up getting one for DS1 since when I was about to get one I got pg with DS2. Anyway, I was going to use $100 to buy an extra set of skins for my e3 (I got a GUC red seat for $25 on ebay. I need canopy, basket, and 2nd seat= almost $100. Eek.)

Well, I'm thinking maybe I'd rather get another stroller instead. I like the Zapp because I could fold it behind DS2s Rfing Coccoro in the Mazda5 and have the (tiny) back empty for groceries, etc. Is there something else that I'd like better? I really want to be able to stick it there. I want it to be okay for sleeping, but it doesn't have to actually recline. At least a small basket. Ability for a cup holder for me (I can add my own, that's fine) and not pink or purple. I'm fine with used, but haven't seen many Zapps on CL. Actually, only one, and it was purple.

I'll have the e3 for things like the zoo, ikea, all day things, or times I want to make sure both boys can ride, but DS1 walks a lot, and I wear DS2 a lot so a single works well for me most of the time.

If I get one I'll CL my Zooper Salsa. It makes DS2 slump and is really bad for sleeping. I'll probably et $20ish for it- but I got it cheap off Costco.

Anything else I should watch for? (I was lusting after the "I Love you" Quest on ebay. It's a special edition, though, and, well, probably very HTF.)

ADS

lovinwaves

I think it would be great for fitting under DS's Cocorro, but I'm not sure about it being good for your DS since as you know it doesn't recline. That would be something you would probably want to try in person.

The only downsides I can see are this:

It's tippy (even the 4-wheel version) So don't plan on attaching a diaperbag to it.

The cup holder is solved by using the Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy (fit my Zapp perfect)

It's heavy

It's awkward to fold down (once you get the hang of it though it's not bad, imo)

The 4-wheel version has a "clackey -clack" noise from the front end. That does bother some people

The basket is small (there is no basket on the 3-wheel, but some people have said you can get an add on basket on e-bay)

Sunshade isn't the best, in fact I never used it

skipspin

I think it would be great for fitting under DS's Cocorro, but I'm not sure about it being good for your DS since as you know it doesn't recline. That would be something you would probably want to try in person.

The only downsides I can see are this:

It's tippy (even the 4-wheel version) So don't plan on attaching a diaperbag to it.

The cup holder is solved by using the Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy (fit my Zapp perfect)

It's heavy

It's awkward to fold down (once you get the hang of it though it's not bad, imo)

The 4-wheel version has a "clackey -clack" noise from the front end. That does bother some people

The basket is small (there is no basket on the 3-wheel, but some people have said you can get an add on basket on e-bay)

Sunshade isn't the best, in fact I never used it

Tempt me with something else?

Rosey

Baby jogger city micro? It might fold short enough to fit into that area since it has the smaller wheels. Maybe someone who has one can measure the folded height so you can see if it would fit.

Or, like you said, a Mac Quest. It is tippy too though, but I attach my skip hop duo after putting the kid in. I added a generic parent cupholder from bed bath and beyond.

lovinwaves

The Baby Jogger Micro or the City Mini fit like Rosey said, and it's the only other one I can think of that folds in half, unlike a traditional umbrella stroller.

Also, if need be all the wheels pop off, then i know FOR SURE it would fit under the Cocorro. The question is...are you going to want to do that everytime? Or, it may be you only need to pop one or two wheels to make it fit.

Neither of those are tippy either.

MSK, is usually really good about getting measurement and pictures for people. Hopefully she will chime in for you :)

MySillyKids

I'll go take some cell phone pics of it under my myride. brb. (i guess now is a good time to install seats in DH's car, so he can get DS1 from school, eh? LOL!)

MySillyKids

I don't know how big of a space you're going to be working with, so maybe this can give you a visual:

4795076e.jpg

I slid the stroller at an angle and then swooped it up. It's 'hallow' in the middle, meaning the seating area is plyable to move down to fit under there. The folding thingies (!!) got in the way, but totally do-able.

Here's the stroller lying down in the back of the van, behind the MyRide.

b3ce5288.jpg

(van is dirty. sigh.)

skipspin

I'll go take pics of the space I'm dealing with. Like I have nothing better to do. Well, I do need to wash the Coccoro cover anyway. :p

ETA: Okay, no pics yet, but the black on black interior is hard to photograph. It looks like I have at least 12" wide (back of front seat to back of rear seat/carseat. I have some depth too, all the way across to the other captians seat and it will be empty most of the time, I think.

I could make a it a little more, but DS1 will most likely be behind that seat, so I'd like as much HE room as possible since I'll probably turn him FF when he's 3 in 3 months. :cry:

InternationalMama

I clicked on this thread because I own the Zapp and thought I might have something to add, but Lovinwaves pretty much summed it up. :)

But then I looked at the pics and I was wondering: Is it okay to pack a stroller behind a carseat like that? I would imagine it would effect crash dynamics to have something directly behind it, wouldn't it? Especially if the stroller moved in some unpredictable way in a crash.

As far as strollers, you should get a Coccoro Flash. :) I'd love to hear how it is and Amazon says it will be shipping tomorrow. :thumbsup:

skipspin

I clicked on this thread because I own the Zapp and thought I might have something to add, but Lovinwaves pretty much summed it up. :)

But then I looked at the pics and I was wondering: Is it okay to pack a stroller behind a carseat like that? I would imagine it would effect crash dynamics to have something directly behind it, wouldn't it? Especially if the stroller moved in some unpredictable way in a crash.

As far as strollers, you should get a Coccoro Flash. :) I'd love to hear how it is and Amazon says it will be shipping tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Good question. I can't see how it would hurt in a crash as long as it stayed put for the most part. I figure it would be adding weight in a crash if it's in the back too, just against the back seat. The seat next to it will be folded, so the stroller wouldn't be able to fly out the other side and hit anyone.

As far as the Flash- I'd get it for traveling but I don't want want to keep my baby in the car seat all the time and uninstall the Coccoro every time I want to use the stroller. Oh, and my older DS might want to ride in the stroller sometimes too and he wouldn't fit in the Coccoro well for much longer, IMO.

InternationalMama

As far as the Flash- I'd get it for traveling but I don't want want to keep my baby in the car seat all the time and uninstall the Coccoro every time I want to use the stroller. Oh, and my older DS might want to ride in the stroller sometimes too and he wouldn't fit in the Coccoro well for much longer, IMO.

Yeah, I see what you mean about the CCO Flash not being practical. I wasn't sure how often you wanted to use the stroller. I don't know. The Zapp is great if you really *need* the compact size, but otherwise it's a very basic stroller. I don't have any other strollers, but the Zapp weighs so much that that kind of takes away from its portability and convenience. Plus mine has no basket, can't put anything on the handle bars, no recline, noisy wheels and it's a struggle to get it in the carry bag. (I don't know if the US version comes with a travel bag.) But now I'm just reiterating Lovinwaves. :) The Zapp works for us because we don't use it, we just keep it stored in our hallway, but I think I *would* use it if it was lighter. It's easier to just carry my DS than carry that thing up and down the stairs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC