Need to fit TWO RF convertibles in Subaru Forester

U

Unregistered

We're looking for convertibles for our 2005 Forester. These seats would be secondary seats (we have 2 radians in our Odyssey as our primary car). Our twins are 15 months old, so upright RF installations are a must, especially since there will be a car seat behind the passenger AND the driver and leg room in the Forester is VERY tight in the back. Our girls are average height/weight. Thanks!!

ADS
U

Unregistered

I am Not a tech, but I do have a 2007 Subaru Forester (I think the 2005 and 2007 are quite similar) and was hoping sharing my experience struggling to fit a rear facing car seat outboard might be of some help. We have a large Britax convertible rear facing at less then 45 degrees (for toddler) behind the front passenger seat. It is a tight fit. At 5'5", I can fit in the passenger seat in front of it, but at 6'4", my husband is crammed in. But the Britax seats are big and there may be a better choice, especially if you don't need a taller capacity seat like we do (our girls are really tall). It depends a lot on the height of the adults needing to fit in the front seat too. If you were able to fit a rear facing infant seat behind your driver, then you are probably not that tall and can probably fit a convertible rear facing there too.

FYI: We also tried a smaller 2007 Graco Comfortsport, but didn't find it to help much with the space issue and it installed too upright according to a tech, but we did not bother trying noodles, etc. so I cannot say if we had been determined whether we could have made it work and other Comfortsports might be different.

I hope this is of some help. Just be glad that isn't your main family car. :) good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC