Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member libranbutterfly's Avatar

I need books that talk about ERF

Anyone know of any? I am doing a persuasive paper for English on the benifits of extended rear facing, but my teacher doesn't trust all of the info on the internet, so she wants me to have two book resources and one magazine resource. I have a Parents mag with an article that mentions ERF, but if anyone has something better, that would work. I don't have to use the info from the books so it is ok if it is info I already know or found in another source. She just wants us to use more that one source of info. Thanks!
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &
    Rayne (1) ERF in a Scenera for now

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

Re: I need books that talk about ERF

Could a reference from a peer reviewed journal replace the book references?

You can go to the research from WAY (50's?) back that determined astronauts should ride backwards because it's the best way their bodies can sustain the G forces. I'm sure you can find some books on the early space program that talks about it.
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

I don't know. I think I am going to talk to her about it today. I can get the AAP reccomendation online, and I am using some info from car-seat.se, I just don't know wat to do about books. Good idea about the astronauts. I already mentioned it breifly in the rough draft, so that would be great
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &

Bumping this up because I need 1 more BIG resource (replacing a "book" spot)

Teacher said that these would be fine, but to keep looking for a book on the subject.

Thanks
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &

There are several sources such as Injury Prevention & the AAP journal; both are peer-reviewed journals. Your college library will have access to a search of journals that will have those & more
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

I just finished (well, its due Thursday so I think I'm finished...) a paper for my argument based research class and my topic was car seat laws needing to be more strict. I talked about ERFing, harnessing past 4 years/40 lbs, and boostering past 8 years/80 lbs. I could not find any actual books. We were supposed to have at least one book as a resource, but I talked to my teacher and he said he wasn't shocked that I wasn't having much luck finding anything since its a rather new topic so I could just add an extra internet or periodical resource...thank goodness! I know I didn't have much luck finding anything! Good luck! I hope you are able to find something.

CPS Fanatic

I don't exactly where you would find a resource, but in the military the position to sit on a plane during a possible crash is rear-facing.

I would think that resources that looks at crash dynamics and how human bodies are impacted by the crash might help.

Good luck!