Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

What's up with Regent?

I haven't bought a seat in a couple years, but I was thinking of getting a new cover for my Regent. But I can't find any covers. And why are Regents so cheap now? Are they being disc. for the Frontier?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: What's up with Regent?

Yes, Regents have been discontinued. No new covers are being made.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Carseat Crazy

Well, huh. Are the Frontiers really that great?

Quote Originally Posted by XmasEve View Post
    Well, huh. Are the Frontiers really that great?
    I don't think so. My ds is already out of the frontier and honestly he isn't 100% booster ready yet.

Carseat Crazy

That was my impression of the Frontier. Isn't the top harness slot no taller than the Marathon? Kind of leaves me stuck because I hate the idea of moving my kid from a Marathon straight to a booster.

If I can continue this thread (and thank you all for your replies) what does that leave in the way of HWH seats?

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

The Frontier harness is taller than the marathon. My dd is well above the top slots on the ma but still below the 2nd to top on the frontier.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

The slots on the Frontier are about 2-2.5 inches taller than the slots on the Marathon-- about the same as the Graco Nautilus. Then, with lower slots, there is the Dorel Apex, the Evenflo Generations 65, the Safety 1st Go Hybrid (Dorel bought the SafeGuard GO design) and the Evenflo Maestro (which we don't know much about.) Those are all the current FF only non-SN seats with HWH I can think of-- of course there are new convertibles out too. And if a child is not booster ready and outgrows the Nautilus and Frontier harness, there are vests or SN seats if needed.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Carseat Crazy

Thanks for the info. My 4yo's Marathon will expire shortly after her 6th birthday and I had pre-planned on buying her a Regent. I guess I'll scrap that plan and come back to ask for shopping advice in a year!