Toddler RF Seat Suggestions in a Grand Caravan

oddity

ETA: Photos Toddler RF Seat Suggestions in a Grand Caravan

Hi everyone. My daughter must have just gone through a growth spurt because she has grown about an inch since August. She is 27 months old and is now about 35.5 inches tall and 30 pounds. She is currently in a Marathon but her head is definitely within an inch of the top of the shell. I tried her out in our Boulevard (thinking I could switch her little brother to the Marathon) but, no dice. She is long in the torso.

I am looking at the Radian seats But, which one? I was also looking at the My Ride 65 and the Safety 1st Air seat. Am I missing any seats?

I'd like to keep her RFing until at least age 3. My choices seem pretty limited. I don't even know if the seats with bigger shells and higher weight limits would fit in the second row seats of my Grand Caravan. We need the use of the passenger seat on an almost daily basis so we can't move it all the way forward and my husband is 6' 3" + and needs to be able to drive the van too. Am I out of luck?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

ETA Photos. Please forgive my crazy toddler. She wasn't very keen on having to be photographed tonight. She came straight from dinner to the van. :) When I look at the first two pics it looks to me like she is just about out of the seat but when I look at the third pic I think she has lots more room to grow. What do you think?

Last edited:
ADS

Maedze

Welcome to C-S.org!

The Boulevard and the Marathon have the same shell. :)

That being said, it would be pretty unusual to have a child your daughter's height not fit by height in the big Britaxes. Often parents think they have a lot less room than they actually do. Would you be comfortable posting a picture of your daughter sitting in her seat, to give you an idea of whether or not she's actually at the 1" mark?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I would be surprised if at 35.5" she's getting too tall, but she may be really long torsoed. Ilana still fits at 37". We have a Caravan, not a Grand one. Do you have benches or captain's chairs? We have a bench and I know our old Radian 65 was on it in the middle, I can't remember if we put it behind the driver. I guess I should try it again before I order our XTSLs. lol Evan is in the 3rd row rfing in a Radian though w/ no problems.

oddity

Thank you very much for the welcome. :) DD is eating dinner now but I will try to post a pic later this evening if she is cooperative. It would be wonderful if I have misjudged the height because spending another $200-300 dollars right now is less than ideal.

We have the captains chairs in the second row.

I'll try to be in touch with a pic later. Thanks!

monstah

She has miles to grow. :D I'm sure someone will come along and draw some fancy lines on that picture for you. ;)

And nice to meet you. :happy-wavehello:

Maedze

Oh my gosh she has decades in that seat. I see at least 5" over her head. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. She'll outgrow it rear facing by weight before she gets it by height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC