Why even have a Nautilus....

hboo22

...if you're gonna use it as a belt-positioning booster for your 3 year old?!?! I was excited to see that one of the kids in Jaylee's preschool had a Mariposa Nautilus in her car (most are in no back or high back boosters), but when I was sneaking a peek I see her put the girl in it and put the shoulder belt over her!! Ugh, WHY would you bother if you're not gonna use the harness to the full potential? Or at least 4 and 40 which is Missouri law, but apparently no one in my community has to follow that particular law?!?!

ADS

cryswilkins

Is it possible that she is using both the seat belt and the harness? That is not uncommon, if one is good, two is better....

NannyMom

my thoughts exactly. I was excited to see someone in Sofi's preschool/gymnastic class had 2 GNs in their car. Only to find Mom buckling them in with seatbelt :( And they too are around 3. And no, she didn't use the harness. Maybe because it looks more comfy than the Turbo booster.

kittykate

my thoughts exactly. I was excited to see someone in Sofi's preschool/gymnastic class had 2 GNs in their car. Only to find Mom buckling them in with seatbelt :( And they too are around 3. And no, she didn't use the harness. Maybe because it looks more comfy than the Turbo booster.
Or because they got it for the harness when they turned the baby at 1 and 20 and "graduated" their toddler to the HBB the minute they turned 3 or 30.

I see tons of one year olds in Nautili around here...it seems that most parents go straight from the infant seat to a FF combo seat like the Nautilus and then switch their combo seat to booster mode the minute the kid hits 30 lbs or 3 years old. :(

NannyMom

I was just at Buy Buy Baby and saw an employee shwoing the Nautilus to some parents. And what did I hear her say? "And when the child gets to 3 years and 30 pounds, you take out the harness and use it as a booster." Ugh.

Heather86

I saw a review a while back in toddler magazine that said to use it as a hbb after 3 and 30 and then a nbb after 4 and 40 and until the child fits properly in the adult seat belt or to check your state laws....well at least they got one thing right lol

Andie

I feel your pain. I have a friend that knows all the benefits of EH, and got a Nautilus for her 3 year old last year. I just saw her again after not seeing them for awhile, walked by their car and the now 4 year old is in just the seat belt. I doubt he weighs 40 lbs yet even. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC