Retrofitting a tether anchor

andre149

Haven't been on in a while... but I need help :) My bf drives a 98 (I believe, maybe 97) Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. His daughter (18 months, ~28lbs) is currently rearfacing in a MyRide, but the time will come that we have to forward face her and he has no tether anchors in his car. A Radian isn't in the budget right now... but I'm not sure who to contact since Oldsmobile is no more. Any ideas as to how to remedy this? I thought about EZ-on, but was hoping maybe a dealer would have something a little less pricey since money is a little tight right now.

And while I'm here... anyone had good luck getting the MR to install more upright? That thing is SO reclined and I've tried every trick I can think of, I'm assuming it's just the seat :)

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Even though Oldsmobile is a discontinued GM brand, it should be possible to have a GM dealership honor GM's tether anchor retrofit policy of providing one tether anchor retrofit free of charge for retrofittable, pre-factory equipped 1989-2002 GM vehicles according to the LATCH manual. You'll need to refer the dealership to GM Technical Service Bulletin Number 99-09-40-004a dated April 12, 2005 for details of GM's retrofit policy. The LATCH manual doesn't list specific part numbers for retrofitting GM models because the parts change over time, and GM dealership service departments are supposed to have the current parts info.

On the MyRide question, I'll demur to others with RFing MyRide experience for possible suggestions. I have only installed a MyRide forward facing thus far, and it was pretty reclined forward facing. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC