Question Question from new member

Kat_Momof3

Ummm...that's debatable. :whistle: Many people think Britax seats are gimmicky, and many people do not LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

But that said, yes, a Britax is a fine seat and if it fits your child, your car, and your budget, that's great. No, they will not last as long as some other seats out there, but you seem to realize that and seem willing to purchase another seat later on if need be. So no problems.

thinking and saying are two different things :whistle:

Seriously... I love them, but for the price point and what is available on the market, if Ruthie were born this coming March instead of 6yrs earlier, I'd be buying the Graco Myride or the EFTA for her... I think those that love them and don't feel that the whole of the company is gimmicky are those that know and appreciate the history and the standards they set.

ADS

Maedze

AND... around here NO ONE... and I do mean NO ONE is going to say Britax Seats are Gimmicky...

while most would say the Advocate takes it too far (with the weird cushions on the outside of the seat and all), we all LOVE LOVE LOVE the Roundabout and Diplomat for it's easy adjustability (though short-term use), their big sisters the Roundabout 50, Marathon, and Boulevard, as well as the soon to be gone BIGGEST forward facing only sister... the Regent

N

Oh, I beg to differ! Britax has a line up that's gimmicky, disappointing, over-priced, and somewhat offensive. :D

OP, while there's nothing inherently WRONG in doing what you're planning to do, I certainly wouldn't do it. I can't fathom spending nearly 700 on convertibles when 270 could do the job just as well, perhaps better.

Maedze

thinking and saying are two different things :whistle:

Seriously... I love them, but for the price point and what is available on the market, if Ruthie were born this coming March instead of 6yrs earlier, I'd be buying the Graco Myride or the EFTA for her... I think those that love them and don't feel that the whole of the company is gimmicky are those that know and appreciate the history and the standards they set.

I can appreciate the standards they set in 1997 and still feel comfortable saying that those high standards were replaced for silly gimmicks about four or five years ago.

laccaycol

ok im going to reply im one of the ones that eventhough we now have the 45 pound limit i would still go with the Multi Tech and i am sure i only say this now because i have one and i will say its the best seat i have ever had. What car do you have? sorry if you said what one and i missed it. I love my MT and wouldnt choose anything else over it. Im sure thats cuz i have tried it out and i also have a Radian and a britax blvd and hands down the MT is the best out of all the seats i have and have had. Thats just me though, but if your not comfortable about the illegal part then i dont know what one i like better the blvd or the radian the blvd is easier to install but i dont know they are about equal to me. I think the biggest thing about the MT is that it doesnt have latch so you would have to make sure it would install in your car with the seat belt. It installs very well in my van but i cant install it RF in my DH Nissan titan because of the long seat belt stalks. i would say if your not comfortable with the illegal seat then go with the britax if you dont like the radian. ok i think im done rambling:)

Picture is of my Colton in his MT he was 2 at the time he just turned 3 and is 33 pounds and still has a ton of room.

Melanie

So here is my idea and you can tell me if I'm crazy. I am thinking about getting the Britax rite now and having him use in it till he outgrows it RF or the next theoretical baby was ready for it. Then get the XTSL (or something like it) in a few years to ERF even longer and then turn it around to use as a forward facing harness. What do you think?:question:

I don't think you are crazy. Like someone else said, the two car seat plan can be done for less $. But if the $ isn't a big issue for you, then do it.

I think passing the Britax to a future child is a great idea. My youngest are 2 years apart. All of the seats my youngest has used have been handed down from her big sister. If you plan on getting seats for 2 vehicles, you could also get 1 of each now.

Out of all of those seats only the Britaxs and Radians can be tethered RF. I know there are opinions both ways, but good to know if that's important to you.

Out of the seats you are looking at, I only have experience withe the Radian and the Britaxs. I like them both. The Radian just does things a Britax can't. DD could've RF in the Radian until about 4 1/2. She's 95% for height and 50th% for weight. The weight difference between 35 lbs and 40lbs can take quite a while. And the Britax is super easy to install. It's more "idiot proof" than a Radian. It would be a good seat to have if grandparents or anyone else will be installing seats.

zoecoltsmama

I am gad you chimed in! Even though the MT was one of my choices, no one has responded about it who owns one. We have a Toyota Corolla Station wagon '99. No LATCH What got me about the Advocate was the 50% reduction in impact forces claim. Since our car is older and has no side airbags.

I do like the radians, the sides just seem so comparatively shallow to me. I can see why this would be an attribute later on by offering more leg room, but I like having sides around him now. Have you had a smaller baby in the MT, like 7 months ish ? (I haven't seen any pics of that age) even though the MT can accommodate a baby of 7 months, Do you think that it looks like it is designed for an older child? You know how sometimes things designed to do to many different things don't do any of them well? We have a Toyota Corolla Station wagon '99. What got me about the Advocate was the hole 50% reduction in impact forces claim.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I am gad you chimed in! Even though the MT was one of my choices, no one has responded about it who owns one. We have a Toyota Corolla Station wagon '99. No LATCH What got me about the Advocate was the 50% reduction in impact forces claim. Since our car is older and has no side airbags.

I do like the radians, the sides just seem so comparatively shallow to me. I can see why this would be an attribute later on by offering more leg room, but I like having sides around him now. Have you had a smaller baby in the MT, like 7 months ish ? (I haven't seen any pics of that age) even though the MT can accommodate a baby of 7 months, Do you think that it looks like it is designed for an older child? You know how sometimes things designed to do to many different things don't do any of them well? We have a Toyota Corolla Station wagon '99. What got me about the Advocate was the hole 50% reduction in impact forces claim.

Seriously, if this is how you feel, I would seriously look at the myride 65 for now. The sides are really deep, and it rear faces to 40 pounds. Then, when your baby hits 2 or 3, you can reevaluate whether you want to go to a european illegal seat, or a radian, or maybe some other fabulous seat will be out by then. HTH

zoecoltsmama

Good suggestion about the my ride. DH said he doesn't like the my ride, thinks it feels flimsy, he took the sides and easily bent them in with his hands when we looked at it. Don't know, maybe that's they way they are intentionally, also Colt seemed to hate sitting in it, more than his average hatred of car seat sitting that is. So since DH has almost nothing to say about this type of stuff I try and listen to him when he does.

laccaycol

i know another mom(lena i think) on here has posted pics of her younger one in the MT.

on this link scroll down to lenats31 you can see her son think he was 9 months at the time you can click on the pic to make it bigger.

http://forum.nybaktmamma.com/bilsikring-f392/nms-eget-bakovervendtgalleri-524428/index7.html

oh and i also have the myride that is in my DH's truck i will say its not my favorite seat. I think the seat belt buckle is too far away from the child and colton tends to scoot down since it gives him a ton of room to wiggle down. Colton wont last much longer rear facing in the myride. I am actually thinking of getting the the Two Way for his truck to RF colton longer in his truck.

romanoma

If you want good RF SIP for a little RFer and don't mind getting another seat down the road to RF longer, i would definitely look at the recaro signo. I like it way better than the britax seats, and I also own a BLVD. the signo totally wraps my DD in soft, plush safety!! Plus, tell your DH that recaro is the maker of race car seats, so they must know their safety stuff. I think that gets most hubbys onboard with recaro.

It's downside is that it has less leg room for an older RFer, but it seems about the same as the britax seats to me, so if you are OK with the blvd, this should do the trick in that category. Other cons are similar to the britax - sits high on a base, high sides and wings can make it harder to load the child.

Pluses - infinite harness like the blvd so no need to rethread the straps. Harness is soooooo easy to tighten, softest cover I've ever felt, amazing head support for great car sleeping, super easy install with latch (I haven't tried with seatbelt, but I haven't heard any complaints). I think you can get it cheaper than the blvd too. This has been my fav seat for small RFers so far.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC