Just a vent...

LovinMyBabies

So if you've read my posts, you know that I leave before DD goes to school and I had to get MIL to drive DD to school. Then there was the big car seat issue. She has an Eddie Bauer seat that's expired and my DD would never fit in. So I spend $99 I DON'T have to get a Parkway. The booster made me nervous, but that's all I could do for that situation. Then I had to practically beg MIL to use it. Well, she used it this morning.
My DD comes home from school with a note from the teacher announcing they now have a bus. Starting Monday morning! (Their buses have 5 pt. harnesses. :D ) So I just pretty much wasted $99 on a seat we won't use.

ADS

crystal vowell

So if you've read my posts, you know that I leave before DD goes to school and I had to get MIL to drive DD to school. Then there was the big car seat issue. She has an Eddie Bauer seat that's expired and my DD would never fit in. So I spend $99 I DON'T have to get a Parkway. The booster made me nervous, but that's all I could do for that situation. Then I had to practically beg MIL to use it. Well, she used it this morning.
My DD comes home from school with a note from the teacher announcing they now have a bus. Starting Monday morning! (Their buses have 5 pt. harnesses. :D ) So I just pretty much wasted $99 on a seat we won't use.

Why can you not return the seat or use it in a spare car?:confused:

scatterbunny

Yep, Tiffany was looking for a Tiffany Parkway (LOL). :)

Make sure the bus five point harnesses actually go above 40 pounds. The ones on the short buses here only go to 40 pounds.

It's awesome that there will now be bus transportation, though. That makes it a lot easier.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Heheheh -- I just mailed someone a MO for a RSTV instead (my dad wants to keep Leila in the center with lap belt + tether anchor & it was cheaper than a new Parkway).... But, her birthday is coming up & I know my mom is disappointed with the backless Cubb or SRC for her car, too (in case Leila falls asleep) so she might be willing to splurge for the pretty pink Parkway as well :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyway, that is AWESOME that your school buses have the high weight harnesses! :D With our icey cliff edge roads I soooo wish ours did *SIGH*

LovinMyBabies

Ok, after some thinking, it is a good idea to have a spare seat around "just in case." We're going to keep it. And then if we ever get another vehicle, that'll be in that car.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
It's a good idea :) I generally keep the SRC in my car JIC -- we broke down once & I was *so* glad to have a spare seat that was easier to transfer than the Husky!

scatterbunny

Yep, I love having spare seats. There's been times I have to take one of dd's friends home from the bus stop because a parent wasn't there for them (kindy kids must have an adult waiting for them at the bus stop) and been so grateful that I kept an extra seat in the car. If Hayley's shoulders go over the top slots of her Futura in my van (they're already over the top slots when that seat is in Mark's truck) before I get another harnessed seat then she'll only have the one booster (Parkway) in my van.

BUT last night I ordered a Compass B510 in Camo. :eek: Hayley loved it when she saw it and I want to test out the flip-up armrests, and I feel like I can never have too many boosters now that she's got friends who ride with us.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
How can you possibly go wrong with a Camo booster for a kid who loves Camo? :D I wish I could find a Cheeta print cover for the Husky for Leila -- she is obsessed with animal prints (plus the Husky cover needs some sprucing up: stains, a few stitches popped :rolleyes:)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yes, I'm very tempted by it! ;) But, she does have the backless Cubb + SRC as well as a RSTV on the way soon -- I just don't feel like I can justify another booster right now, but would love to replace the near shabby Husky cover :eek:

scatterbunny

LOL. I know what you mean. I just bought a pack of two backless Prorider boosters for $24.95 for two of Hayley's classmates who aren't in boosters (one actually told me he asked his mom to buy him a booster and she said "no" :( ), and the Camo Compass, and I'll probably be buying the Kid Y/Ride Ryte, too. AND getting a Husky!

LovinMyBabies

LOL. I know what you mean. I just bought a pack of two backless Prorider boosters for $24.95 for two of Hayley's classmates who aren't in boosters (one actually told me he asked his mom to buy him a booster and she said "no" :( ), and the Camo Compass, and I'll probably be buying the Kid Y/Ride Ryte, too. AND getting a Husky!

Wow, she told me no?! That's insane. The law here is you have to be in a booster until you're 8 years old or 80 pounds.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC