Who's shopping on Black Friday?

mom2juliarose

What are you shopping for?

About 3 years ago we did a big shop--last year and the year before we did littler things (like toys for DD for Christmas, etc.).

It's another year of electronics for us (Black Friday is OUR Christmas!). I'm getting a stand mixer, DH is eying a new flat screen TV and a Blu-Ray player. IF there's a good deal out there I also might get a new DSLR... but we'll have to see about that.

ADS

ctbcleveland

I like to go to Kohl's near the end of the early-bird window. I never try for doorbusters - just the basics that are on sale until around lunch time.

This year, I'd really like to take advantage of Wal-Mart or Target price matching, but I don't know if I have enough patience for those stores.

If you are in the market for specific items, Slick Deals has a worksheet that will categorize what is on sale where. It would be helpful, especially if you want to price match an item elsewhere.

NOTE - I have not gotten confirmation that Target will honor pricematching on Black Friday. Wal-Mart has historically.

4boysmom

I will be 40ish hours postpartum after a c-section so I think I will have to skip out this year being as I will still be in the hospital. And even if I am not I will not be shopping in person. I may ear mark some items when the ads come if someone brings them to me and see if friends or family can pick up whateveritis if I see anything I need.oh.so.very.badly! But my guess is no one will be selling 1000 ct vicodin for 50 cents and that is likely where my immediate thoughts will be :)

MySillyKids

I like to go to Kohl's near the end of the early-bird window. I never try for doorbusters - just the basics that are on sale until around lunch time.

This year, I'd really like to take advantage of Wal-Mart or Target price matching, but I don't know if I have enough patience for those stores.

If you are in the market for specific items, Slick Deals has a worksheet that will categorize what is on sale where. It would be helpful, especially if you want to price match an item elsewhere.

NOTE - I have not gotten confirmation that Target will honor pricematching on Black Friday. Wal-Mart has historically.

I don't think walmart Price matches on Black fridays. Hm. Now to remember!

celtic1885

I will because we're going to my sil and she makes a day of it :eek: this ought to be interesting, no money so mostly going along for "fun" and company.

***Just a note: last year Kohl's did their door busters online prior to the store hours. I *think* they were available online from 2-5 and then instore 5am on......(or something like that) That's how I got my kitchen aid mixer for $150 w/o having to be at the store that early! :love:
If I remember correctly WalMart did the same - got dd's DSlite and my Garmin(now her's) online. Had to go into the store to get the barbies/cabbage patch etc.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I will because we're going to my sil and she makes a day of it :eek: this ought to be interesting, no money so mostly going along for "fun" and company.

***Just a note: last year Kohl's did their door busters online prior to the store hours. I *think* they were available online from 2-5 and then instore 5am on......(or something like that) That's how I got my kitchen aid mixer for $150 w/o having to be at the store that early! :love:
If I remember correctly WalMart did the same - got dd's DSlite and my Garmin(now her's) online. Had to go into the store to get the barbies/cabbage patch etc.

YEP!! I got thegrandkids big gift online at Kohls at like 3 am or something crazy. Was worth it though!!:thumbsup:

mom2juliarose

What I love about our Kohl's is that it's in an area that has some sort of ordinance, so it can't open until 9am... so the door-busters are different-timed. And what makes it awesome is that it's our last stop and we still wind up getting there as it's opening!

Holly

I am definitely going! I love it! I went to Walmart last year and price matched. They do (or at least did) price match on Black Friday, but you HAVE to have the ads.

I love looking at the ads on Thanksgiving, planning what I want to get.
I also see them online once they are posted on that black friday website.
I'm hoping I'll be able to get the leap frog scribble n write and text n learn for cheaper, possibly a fisher price kid tough digital camera, and any other things I might see in the ads that are good deals that my kids would like, I don't have any other specific things on the list though.

Pixels

I usually hibernate on Black Friday.

Last year SIL was in town to visit with her less-than-2 month old baby (who was a preemie), and we forgot that it was Black Friday and went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory at the big mall. Uh, yeah, that was a bad idea.

kittykate

I'll be going out this year for the first time ever. My DH wants a drill that Sears has for half off on Black Friday. I'm also going to grab a couple of the down comforters they have for $20.

veggiegirl228

I usually go to the sales if they have something for DH or DD but after the crowds slow down a bit. This year it will have to be pretty amazing since the nearest Walmart is 40 minutes, Target and the like is a good 2.5 hrs away. I'm hoping for a sneak peak to know if I should just start buying now.

I like to go, but generally buy very little. There is usually jsut a few things i want that aren't HOT items. I just like to go and look around and window shop. The only time I went out with a major purpose and got there well before opening was when I was 4 days from delivering my first born. A children's store was havinga GREAT sale on baby clothes. The ladies in front of me were shocked I was in there shopping being days from delivery. LOL. They insisted on holding all of my baby clothes for me. so very nice of them. This year, I will probably just hit up the drugstores for me deals. It's more cost effective for what little money I do have.

Auntie2Avi

I am hopefully getting a computer. My sister needs a new point and shoot camera, and if there is an SLR on sale I would love one, but a new laptop is higher up on the list.

I usually hit the outlets but I think we will just be heading to best buy/whatever store has the laptop that I want and then coming home to play with it. I might hit the outlets the Sunday after thanksgiving, the sales were great last year on black friday.

Madeline410

Me me meeeee!!! :D I am SO excited. I will make a list once all the ads are out, and decide where to go in order of importance. I am a HUGE nerd, but I have a ton of fun and get great deals. I've already been checking out the leaked BF ads on slick deals.

This year I'm looking for:
A P&S camera - hopefully in the $75ish range for a good one
A GPS (the $50 tom tom was a steal but I missed it :( )
This is a stretch, but I'm really hoping for an iPhone deal.
A Blu Ray player (there have been rumors of them in the $60 range!)
And of course some blu rays.

My kids don't need anything else, but I'd get them some tag/leapster stuff if it's on sale enough.. maybe even a 12-14" bike for DD next summer. Maybe some geotrax stuff.. hmmm I'm sure I'll have a mile long list by Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Yes, since DS weaned, i might actually go out and brave the wilderness this year.
the last time i went was when dd was like 2 and I got her a prized limited edition DORA power wheels VW bug car, lol. It was insane though....fun times!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC